Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Interesting, Murph.

Who makes that particular one?

The whole wheel is of course nice, however the one I pictured is approximately x7.5 the price of the paddles alone (approx £2400).

Personally, I don’t dislike the standard wheel enough to justify the price.

I simply hate the plastic paddles.

I say swap the entire wheel at the same time. You won't be disappointed with a new high quality wheel and some nice paddles.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Interesting Murph.

Who makes that particular one?

The whole wheel is of course nice, however the one I pictured is approximately x8 the price of the paddles alone (approx £3000).

Personally, I’d struggle to justify the price.
This is Carismo Design as well. You can have it made however you want. I decided on all trim gloss black with matte CF to match my interior trim and the paddle shifters. My price from them was way lower than what you're saying. You should hit up Kirill Z he's the one that owns carismo.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thank you, options are good to have both for myself, and others.

With respect to the paddles:

1. Are these full replacement units or clip on only?

2. What is the actuation/click feel like compared with OEM?

Best

James

This is Carismo Design as well. You can have it made however you want. I decided on all trim gloss black with matte CF to match my interior trim and the paddle shifters. My price from them was way lower than what you're saying. You should hit up Kirill Z he's the one that owns carismo.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thank you, options are good to have both for myself, and others.

With respect to the paddles:

1. Are these full replacement units or clip on only?

2. What is the actuation/click feel like compared with OEM?

Best

James
These actually use the OEM actuator. You would need to disassemble yours and install into the new paddles. So they feel just like OEM and basically are OEM with a new paddle.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Dear All,

Thank you for your interest and input.

Please see current list below of those who have expressed interest (obviously, subject to final pricing and likely, my own testing/review)

Paddles Only
1. jamieuk
2. BoostinFD
3. Palmball
4. Senna1
5. JTR8
6. GSix
7. badmoonrising
8. stevenr8v10
9. vdpmjb
10. Jatt97
11. RdthomasIN

Wheel & Paddles
1. k3silk
2. MistaVauros

I will get in touch with the eBay seller and provide them a link to this thread.

Unfortunately, they have recently been unresponsive to messages, despite an initial quote back on paddles only, and recent positive feedback on eBay.

I get the impression they may be a low-volume, owner-managed business with limited capacity to support this. However, let us see.

I will keep you informed.

Kind Regards

James

·
Registered
377 Posts
We would all really like to have the longer paddles but one thing to remember is they add more leverage to the stock Audi in the spoke switch mechanism. Hence the reason I will not touch them. With practical spirited driving in my car in corners where I perhaps set the incorrect gear going in, I would still find it difficult to change gear while turning even with the longer wheel mounted paddles. That's why the Ferrari and Lambo setup on the column is better for me. That is what the aftermarket (practicality being there) should look at IMO.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts