Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
... and since he started with a non-GT serial numbered car, all he really has is a regular R8 with a bunch (all almost) of GT parts on it. More than his car has had some of the same. He did start with 2 cars, one a real GT - If he had kept the GT VIN, and fitted all the rest back to it, it might be more unique/valuable...

He did do a fantastic job in the end though and no one would deny THAT accomplishment regardless -

·
Registered
556 Posts
I’d love to see a thread on his build if it’s out there. That’s a shame he made the GT the donor car. Totally should have used it as the build. The chassis must have been unsalvageable.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I guess that means now 1 of 89 in the US I have.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was part of the 6speed GT build and we actually used 2 separate GT’s as the donor cars. I was told that there were a total of 180 GT’s brought to NA. So that would mean there are only 178 left lol. Because I now understand what is involved in making a GT manual, I’m certain this will be the only one. Truly a masterpiece which btw was just posted on Craigslist in Los Angeles for eighty six grand. If someone has the funds this is a super rare opportunity.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I did see that car earlier today (Red 2012, right?)

You must have considered moving parts from the non-GT one to the GT. Why did you guys decide to build up the non-GT one. (I am assuming since the chassis is not from the GT, officially this car is not a GT car...)

·
Registered
19 Posts
GT Chassis and standard R8 chassis are one in the same. We had all three cars Disassembled and could tell no difference other than a section of metal cut out in the luggage compartment. Believe me that the GT models are completely different than a standard R8 but the chassis are not. Also worth mentioning: We used the only chassis that was not involved in any accident, and the only one of the three cars that was factory built intended with a third pedal. No fabrication was involved no cutting no hacking. Only brand new hardware and the very expensive oem GT parts were used. Was a great thing to be apart of and if I sell my home anytime soon I’ll be it’s next owner. In my personal opinion this car is worth over 100 grand. I might be biased because I am so close to this car, but I do know it’s a once in a great while cars like this get offered for sale.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts