Audi R8 Forums banner

361 - 380 of 433 Posts

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I'd be wary of that Canadian listing for #273 Spyder - ads are notoriously wrong on VINs - Looks to me that the real #273 Spyder (WUAZZZ424CN910273 Verified) is Phantom Black, built on 30 July 2012 and delivered to Switzerland ...

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Then, maybe he meant #272. He typed both, so one must be a typo.
Have anything on that one?
Maybe so - WUAZZZ422CN910272 is a Suzuka Gray Matte Spyder, built on 6 Aug 2012 - delivered in Germany ...

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
What can you tell about the history of this GT Spyder, supposed to be 292 out of 333.

WUA8NAFG6CN910292

Thx
Mike
What exactly do you want to know? I can answer some queries about its original spec, build date, equipment etc. - That's not really history - this is a US sold car, there is lots of 'history' on it at Audi and in Carfax - I can provide it's Monroney and AoA Vehicle Details - this is a VERY WELL optioned Exclusive car - many CF goodies that are RARE ! Original MSRP - $271,440 - the MOST EXPENSIVE GT sold in the US

oh and it's Daytona/Black - Titanium stitching -

·
Registered
957 Posts
What exactly do you want to know? I can answer some queries about its original spec, build date, equipment etc. - That's not really history - this is a US sold car, there is lots of 'history' on it at Audi and in Carfax - I can provide it's Monroney and AoA Vehicle Details - this is a VERY WELL optioned Exclusive car - many CF goodies that are RARE ! Original MSRP - $271,440 - the MOST EXPENSIVE GT sold in the US

oh and it's Daytona/Black - Titanium stitching -
Okay. . .now I'm curious. What GT options jacked the price up that much?

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
There was a large Audi Exclusive fee ($27k) and separate individual audi exclusive costs - I can't figure out what the $27k was for ? I'm considering purchase, what report would you suggest ? Looks like its lived in Fla and MD - maybe 2 owners ? Can you look up original spec and advise what other report is best to look at ?

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
It was delivered in FL (Audi Collection, Coral Gables) - it was NOT a sold order, so that dealer built this car for deliverable inventory, The Exclusive package is apparently a special leather, and not just the seats. Normally, you order a Black, and then specify what Exclusive color you want instead. The PR codes say that the interior color is actually Lunar Silver with Titanium Stitching NOT Black after all. It has the vents covered in leather too - that means each little vane. Also a custom leather steering wheel, perhaps more than one color. It has a matte CF windshield frame - also VERY rare. There's also a note about the interior CF bits being not just Matte but Matte Red - THAT could be why the first Exclusive package price is SO high. I've not seen pics of this car so cannot verify. I only know of just ONE other R8 with red CF - and it was also expensive.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Let's get some pics of that beeotch up in this mutha!
Seriously. . .I've never seen Audi red CF before. That would be tits in a GT, especially mine!
I've never seen the CF windshield frame either. Would love to at least see some good pics.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
#292/333

Here you go.

https://www.drivingemotions.com/2012-audi-r8-gt-5.2-v10-spyder-gt-quattro-c-340.htm

Alcantara lined trunk liner. That’s a first.
Carbon windscreen surround looks cool.

Custom wheel just looks like they’ve got the R8GT insert in it and stitched to match seats (which are diamond stitched and embossed).

Couldn’t really tell that the vents were leather wrapped.

Tons of pics.
Looks like it’s for sale for $134,800.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Wow - it's a nice car - but I'm wrong again - don't see either the Lunar Silver (unless THAT's the stitching color) OR the Red CF noted in the Vehicle Details from Audi - I do see the CF windshield frame, can't tell about the leather-covered vent vanes, nor the steering wheel - do see the Alcantara frunk liner - but it's still a beauty ...

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
It is, but definitely not $271K beautiful.

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and we all like different things. If it were me, for that original price point, and with all the audi exclusive options, I’d want some serious color combos that would pop, that you wouldn’t otherwise see, some one-off type steering wheel etc. That car is pretty, but standard fare color wise. And a simple single-stitched color on the steering wheel with a name plate isn’t my idea of audi exclusive custom. That said, at that time, the interior R8 components weren’t exactly over the top as they are now. So hind sight is 20/20.

Still, it’s funny that pictures say a thousand words compared to what we expect.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Wow - it's a nice car - but I'm wrong again - don't see either the Lunar Silver (unless THAT's the stitching color) OR the Red CF noted in the Vehicle Details from Audi - I do see the CF windshield frame, can't tell about the leather-covered vent vanes, nor the steering wheel - do see the Alcantara frunk liner - but it's still a beauty ...
Looks like the “red” is red illuminated matte carbon door sills. As opposed to white light illuminated.

Also, I could think of better places to spend $2300 than the alcantara trunk liner. And I’m super frivolous when it comes to car parts.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
I'm a little behind ya, you found it ! lol. I was travelling to London. Yes, its nice but what's a good price for it. It doesn't have GT wheels which is a mystery, looks like they ordered and paid $500 for the wheels which are same as std V8 R8 of the era. Anyone have any data points for what a GT Spyder is going for now? Lots of pricing out there but they don't seem to move too quickly. And, most of the options can be discounted when selling except this one does look v. clean. Whad do you think it should sell for ?

·
Registered
957 Posts
The steering wheel is stock GT, as are the wheels. The CF windshield frame looks excellent! The floor mats are all wrong for a GT. I really didn't see anything that was red that isn't red on mine. That's a good price for it, but I would never have paid sticker.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well, I've never seen diamond stitch on a GT so that's cool. I do like the color. As for the price, I have every option listed minus the seats and the color. All the Matte CF pieces (which were pricey) and the wheels are the GT upgraded rims size-wise as I understand it (i have the same, but I could be wrong about this). My sticker was $249k (which I still would never have paid. With 4k miles on the clock and in perfect condition, I paid slightly less than what they are asking. I'd take the grey over my phantom black pearl because I love grays and they are easier to manage. I would probably paint match the grill bits the way I did on mine or consider blacking them and the rims for accent.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Interestingly, I have the ceramic brakes and the red calipers but they don't say "ceramic" on them like they do on this gray one. Anyone else have the "ceramic" notation on their calipers?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Interestingly, I have the ceramic brakes and the red calipers but they don't say "ceramic" on them like they do on this gray one. Anyone else have the "ceramic" notation on their calipers?
They should have the "Ceramic" next to the square logo as per the photo below.
2011-audi-r8-gt-brake-caliper-photo-402728-s-1280x782.jpg

361 - 380 of 433 Posts