Audi R8 Forums banner

401 - 409 of 409 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
BTW there is also a GT coupe in Germany being used as a Nurburgring Ring Taxi! I don’t know which numbered car it is so not sure if it’s already on the list?

·
Registered
2 Posts
btw, I have documented ALL the GTs (165 cars) sold in the US, with their Audi OMD Web vehicle details and US-legal Monroney (window sticker) including the "twins" Spyders and Coupes with same numbers - there are 18 pairs ... I have NO personal data on any of the owners, so please don't ask.

If anyone would like this data for their car, please PM me -

... a few other curiosities :

first coupe in US #083
first car in US #012
most expensive MSRP : #292 @ $271,440

i am #086

manhattan....nyc

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Roger, If you've got a photo of my window sticker PM it to me. Mine is #292, the most expensive !! LOL.
I've now converted the interior to European GT spec with Sparco seats etc. and a Red / Grey / Black color scheme though.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Slight correction, #292 is a GT Spyder but it's in an Audi Exclusive color: Lamborghini Lynx Grey Metallic
Not sure who told you that this car was a Lamborghini color - it's not, but was Exclusive nonetheless (at that time), but according to the data I have (from Audi) it is simply Daytona Gray Pearl (Z7S) ... I'll attach the docs I have to a PM for you -

·
Registered
169 Posts
While I'm here, let me get y'alls opinion on something.
I've been thinking about getting the RS-style grille for my GT, but I would want the whole thing done in matching titanium, like the existing front and rear titanium. I have a buddy with an RS5 and his has the silver grille that looks really sharp on his Suzuka Gray. What do you think? We've all seen them in black. So how do you think one would look in matching GT titanium?
I have a Gen1 V10+ and looked into this with 2 of the forum vendors. After being on the fence about it, I think it ruins the horizontal lines on the front bumper and exclusivity of the GT even if the trim is matching titanium. The GT is already a special spec, so no need to try to make it something unique or to stand out. I opted not to go through with it. If I had a non-plus, then it would be a no brainer because it really looks great with all the black trim vs the titanium.

If you still want to go this route RNlabas did it and recommended 3M’s M230 Matte Gray Aluminum as being pretty close and the cost was $75. I was offered a free wrap after purchasing several items from vendor UPD on here, but the honeycomb mesh is still glossy. If you go to your garage and look at the front honeycomb, you will see how badly gloss clashes. This may not be a big deal on a non-GT, but I think these details are important for a nice spec like yours. There are many sellers on aliexpress/alibaba/ebay that sell a matte version if interested.

The other vendor on here that makes their own using an OEM donor part and paints the trim titanium wanted something like $1800.

I hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
HamannP has a point about the gloss, but quite honestly for me, it's not a matter of badly, just a matter of note. If I could've (and I might still) repaint the grill satin or matte it would look better, but I am still pretty happy about the clean look of the RS grill. The gray trim WAS a need for me and the wrap does look right ...

401 - 409 of 409 Posts