Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not agree with the outcome. But i am biased :):)

Not quite Harry's garage and the guy does sound like a 70's british travel reporter, but at least a review and the gt certainly won him over.

https://youtu.be/0CVc7wG8Nwo

·
Registered
399 Posts
I do not agree with the outcome. But i am biased :):)

Not quite Harry's garage and the guy does sound like a 70's british travel reporter, but at least a review and the gt certainly won him over.

https://youtu.be/0CVc7wG8Nwo
I was surprised he chose the GT, after he banged on about, how bad the R-tronic & materials was at the beginning of the video. The GT Spyder tested wasn't the most equipped one either, so wasn't fair to comment on the materials. Overall, quite a good review of the two cars. He also forgot to mention the R8 GT has different side mirrors.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. And I think he forgot carbon bumper on gt, plexiglass windows and thinner windscreen glass on both etc. But good to see the review. I do need to get a ride in a gt

·
Registered
579 Posts
I think he found out what many who take the time find out, the Rtronic is actually really good and fun to drive. I feel that eventually, people will seek it out for its engaging mannerisms. I have owned a ton of cars, and that's what I like most about mine.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
I think he found out what many who take the time find out, the Rtronic is actually really good and fun to drive.UOTE]

Agree completely, even better when you get a decent TCU tune flashed in, absolutely great fun to drive.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I think he found out what many who take the time find out, the Rtronic is actually really good and fun to drive.
Agree completely, even better when you get a decent TCU tune flashed in, absolutely great fun to drive.
Here, here!
The R-Tronic's best, factual benefit over the S-Tronic is the significantly lower weight.
I just say "It's quirky, I'm quirky, we get along very well."

·
Registered
189 Posts
I was surprised he chose the GT, after he banged on about, how bad the R-tronic & materials was at the beginning of the video. The GT Spyder tested wasn't the most equipped one either, so wasn't fair to comment on the materials. Overall, quite a good review of the two cars. He also forgot to mention the R8 GT has different side mirrors.
The 2013 Plus and 2014 have GT door mirrors too?? My 2013 mirrors say GT Glossy inside...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts