94 Posts
I have a R8 V10 Plus

Stock height from ground to fender
Front: 66,9mm
Rear: 68mm

Lowered height from ground to fender
Front: 65mm = 1,9mm lowering
Rear: 65,8mm = 2,2mm lowering

H&R supply the coilovers with the lowest recommended setting. You can go lower but your driveshafts might rub against arms and so on.
Adjusted the rear to somewhat lower after the fitting to keep similar ratio to stock between front and rear.

Front set to 14 clicks, rear set to 12 clicks .

·
Registered
Audi R8 V10 2009
9 Posts
I will have the H&R set installed next week. What kind of settings you guys recommend for casual city + scenery driving? If I had to choose from the mag ride's perspective I'd prefer something between the mag ride "on" and "off". The "on" setting would feel too stiff for everyday use I think.

Makes me wonder if the @rwtzero's 4 clicks front and 2 clicks rear would also work for me. Plus a little lowering. I'm running stock wheels atm but considering to go 20" in the future.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a 2009 V8 manual with leaking mag rides. I am considering H&R's but don't want to lower as I just make it into my driveway without scraping. Does anyone know if the H&R's can be raised to stock level? Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
They are adjustable, so yes, they can be raised and lowered.

I have a 2009 V8 manual with leaking mag rides. I am considering H&R's but don't want to lower as I just make it into my driveway without scraping. Does anyone know if the H&R's can be raised to stock level? Thanks

·
Registered
Audi R8 V10 2009
9 Posts
H&R's are now on and gotta say I also love how they feel on street and curvy roads. Quite stiff but still smooth. 4 clicks front and 2 clicks back as @rwtzero suggested, so few clicks lesser what H&R has set as default.

We also adjusted the springs to drop the car ~10mm back and 15mm front. Actually it looks like the car has dropped even more compared to stock height, so maybe these coils + springs lower the car already by default? Anyway, the look is now pretty balanced and I can still go over most bumps with my Maxton front lip.

I'm planning to go with 20"s at some point so I have to re-evaluate the height (and better wheel offset) at that point, but so far so good! 😎

·
Registered
22 Posts
How much did your guys coilovers settle and how long did it take? I just picked my car up from having the H&Rs installed - 7 clicks from softest in the front, 5 in the back - and I told them to lower the car an inch. It's still a bit higher than I'd like it and they said they left it like that on purpose as it will settle an additional 1/2 - 3/4“. I wasn't sure if it's reasonable to expect it to settle that much.

·
Registered
22 Posts
didn't "settle" at all! Mine remained exactly where I set it from go.
Thanks for the response. I may have it lowered just a tad more then. But I'll wait a couple weeks to gauge how comfortable the setup I have right now is, and perhaps until after my track weekend in a few weeks, to see if I want dampening adjustments made as well

·
Registered
22 Posts
Lower it fellas...don’t be scared :)

I’m also running the H&R RSS+ kit(y)
Wowww that looks great. I would love to get that low. I live in NY and the streets aren't great though, but I might just say F It and go for it haha.
I love the wheels too. I'm still trying to decide on a new summer set (I'm gonna use the stocks with winter tires)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I lowered mine a bit more and added spacers. I thought it came out perfectly... Until someone rode along in the passenger seat... There is some rubbing over bumps when two people are in the car so I'll guess I'm gonna have to raise it a quarter inch or so 😢

·
Registered
R8 Spyder 2014
25 Posts
I just bought the h&r rss+ coilovers , and im having a trouble installing them , apparently the height willl be very hight , have anyone experience any trouble installing them ?

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
I just bought the h&r rss+ coilovers , and im having a trouble installing them , apparently the height willl be very hight , have anyone experience any trouble installing them ?
No issues with install and yes, H&R specs will leave them almost at stock height. There is room to go lower.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts