685.80 + 19.05 = (704.85mm)
Dropped to: 26 1/2
Difference: 1 1/4
25.4 + 6.35 = 31.75mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Chassis/Vehicle Dynamics Engineer
367 Posts
I track mine (17 v10+) in Advanced/Expert and its on the H&R VTF spring setup slammed so I can promise you I'm not gentle on them... I have had zero issues with the suspension and it has been through many track days. Whole lot of suspension pros in here I see 🧐 :LOL:. You wont have any problems with the h&r and with those you will be able to adjust that car EXACTLY where you want it. I was surprised on the install how quick and easy they were. Intakes in the rear were a bit of a pain getting the shock by it (ended up removing the intake tubes). Overall very happy with them.
What track do you run at with this setup? When you say "slammed" ...how much lower than stock? Do you run on the road a fair amount as well?

·
Premium Member
2020 R8 V10 Performance Spyder
3,009 Posts
Yo are correct = That is my main concern - was hoping I could find a Gen 2 owner who has Mag ride and just did lowering springs.
Gen2 V10 Performance with mag ride here… no issues with the H&R adjustable springs

Reactions: Budd311

·
Registered
59 Posts
What track do you run at with this setup? When you say "slammed" ...how much lower than stock? Do you run on the road a fair amount as well?
NHMS and Club Motorsports in NH . My tires are tucking. Yes I do run on the road a bunch. I was just at a car show in Vermont with @WinterRunner a few weeks back.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the Eibach springs fitted today, along with camber shims and full geo....Handles so much better now, front end turn in is spot on and im yet to swap to the Michelin PS4's. Not sure if its the lowering springs or the geo updates....but its sweet now regardless. I was hesitant running lowering springs on the mag ride, but it feels so much better. dropped about 15-20mm

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had the Eibach springs fitted today, along with camber shims and full geo....Handles so much better now, front end turn in is spot on and im yet to swap to the Michelin PS4's. Not sure if its the lowering springs or the geo updates....but its sweet now regardless. I was hesitant running lowering springs on the mag ride, but it feels so much better. dropped about 15-20mm
Yeah I had to shim the rear of mine as well to get it correct being that low. I'm running the PS4s great tire!

·
367 Posts
NHMS and Club Motorsports in NH . My tires are tucking. Yes I do run on the road a bunch. I was just at a car show in Vermont with @WinterRunner a few weeks back.
I assume the infield road course at NHMS. Don't know those tracks for roughness, but I assume they are much smoother than the northeast roads.
I had missed you guys are Gen 2's...another 1inch of front travel over Gen 1. You are lowered a lot looks like 30 mm plus. So then your remaining travel is the same as a Gen1.

The lowering springs are a fair amount more stiff than stock to keep from bottoming the shocks on the road a lot. But the damping isn't adjusted to match the new stiffness so grip, power down and body control including ride isn't what it should be. Glad you are happy with it, but give us a shout if you want the Ohlins TTX Advanced Trackday setup for a noticeable improvement in your Gen2. We are working on the our Stage II (balance of road and track) setup for the Gen2's, but it sounds the like Advanced Trackday would suit you well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I assume the infield road course at NHMS. Don't know those tracks for roughness, but I assume they are much smoother than the northeast roads.
I had missed you guys are Gen 2's...another 1inch of front travel over Gen 1. You are lowered a lot looks like 30 mm plus. So then your remaining travel is the same as a Gen1.

The lowering springs are a fair amount more stiff than stock to keep from bottoming the shocks on the road a lot. But the damping isn't adjusted to match the new stiffness so grip, power down and body control including ride isn't what it should be. Glad you are happy with it, but give us a shout if you want the Ohlins TTX Advanced Trackday setup for a noticeable improvement in your Gen2. We are working on the our Stage II (balance of road and track) setup for the Gen2's, but it sounds the like Advanced Trackday would suit you well.
oh my dude I certainly was not trying to compare to Ohlins suspension and I would love that setup! 😂 Not the infield road course it goes outside the track and comes back in twice onto the nascar track and the entrances on and off the nascar track thats part of the road course are BRUTAL. Those certainly are not friendly.

·
367 Posts
oh my dude I certainly was not trying to compare to Ohlins suspension and I would love that setup! 😂 Not the infield road course it goes outside the track and comes back in twice onto the nascar track and the entrances on and off the nascar track thats part of the road course are BRUTAL. Those certainly are not friendly.
I get it. No worries. I didn't think you were making that comparison...most are unaware of the difference because few get to do a back to back comparison.

Even though I know the vehicle dynamics difference (lowering springs vs correctly sprung and damped coilovers) - I was surprised by the difference between lowering springs and our custom Ohlins on this Lambo Super Trofeo. Stigs Persian Cousin went as far as replacing all of the bushings with spherical joints to improve response and steering with no improvement with his lowering springs. All was fixed with our coilovers for him. He was pretty surprised.

So when you are ready to flow through those crappy transitions give me a call!

·
Premium Member
2020 R8 V10 Performance Spyder
3,009 Posts
Get new wheels or spacers for the stockers. Pushing out the tires makes it look lowered.
I did this on my father in law's 2018 V10 Plus coupe and while it certainly looks better and more aggressive, it looks far from lowered. It just has a nicer/wider stance. Thats all!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts