Audi R8 Forums banner
141 - 160 of 178 Posts

· Registered
2022 R8 RWD
239 Posts
I just got notification (email from Audi) mine is in transit! Its a 2023 Black V10 Performance (RWD). Anybody know how long it takes for shipping? I'm in So Cal - supposed to come in at San Diego Port.
You should be able to get the name of the ship from the dealer so that you can track the ship online. There are several ship tracking websites. I think that my car took about 4 weeks to arrive at the Jacksonville port. It sat at the port a few days before it was shipped to the dealer.

· Registered
10 Posts
Envy you, when did you place your order?
Order was finalized and allocated in Oct 2022 original "order submission" was May 2022. I was surprised how fast the build was once it was allocated. Thats why I asked the forum about shipping times - my dealer continues to under promise and over deliver (which is much better than the opposite) - so I wanted a more realistic timeframe. They are saying 2-3 months to get to the dealer for pickup; I am figuring 4-6 weeks for boat time, another 2 weeks for customs, and a final week final ship/prep.

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
Order was finalized and allocated in Oct 2022 original "order submission" was May 2022. I was surprised how fast the build was once it was allocated. Thats why I asked the forum about shipping times - my dealer continues to under promise and over deliver (which is much better than the opposite) - so I wanted a more realistic timeframe. They are saying 2-3 months to get to the dealer for pickup; I am figuring 4-6 weeks for boat time, another 2 weeks for customs, and a final week final ship/prep.
What state are you in?

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
I'm in Dallas

· Registered
53 Posts
Does anyone know when the last production week is for the model year? I've read the factory usually shuts down for a week or two in August and then starts up with the next model year. The 2023 R8's I've seen have a build date of 9/22. Or maybe with the R8 being discontinued will they keep producing past the historical model year switch over? I'm wondering when we should expect the week # build dates to end... :(

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
Does anyone know when the last production week is for the model year? I've read the factory usually shuts down for a week or two in August and then starts up with the next model year. The 2023 R8's I've seen have a build date of 9/22. Or maybe with the R8 being discontinued will they keep producing past the historical model year switch over? I'm wondering when we should expect the week # build dates to end... :(
I placed an order eight months ago, but the factory that created the order didn't accept it. ...

· Premium Member
152 Posts
Mine was a build date of week 39 and based on exact numbers from comm # it was completed September 29th. Shipped October 5. I unwrapped everything on my car and a cool thing to see was that the seat covers (white plastic ones to protect from damages) had stickers with info and my seats got made on Sept 3rd. So im assuming 2 weeks assembled everything together.

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
Mine was a build date of week 39 and based on exact numbers from comm # it was completed September 29th. Shipped October 5. I unwrapped everything on my car and a cool thing to see was that the seat covers (white plastic ones to protect from damages) had stickers with info and my seats got made on Sept 3rd. So im assuming 2 weeks assembled everything together.
My dealer told me the same thing - mine was their last allocation
I'm still on the waiting list

141 - 160 of 178 Posts