Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, neat forum you have here. I searched around before posting but i found nothing of value on this subject. So has anyone done this? I am looking at a red manual R8, with magnetic ride etc. The only option that it does not have and i desire, is the B&O. I even got the dealer to make me a nice discount. The car has only 1000 km on it. and it is a 2009. Dealer told me he would look into it and get back to me on Monday, but i am too anxious too wait until then

Thank you in advance for your help

·
Registered
482 Posts
I haven't heard of anyone doing this.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Tough one i'd say, why don't you save yourself the headache and get 1 with B&O? I heard the standard speakers are horrible (I don't understand how B&O should be an option on a car like that; marketing and profit I guess).

·
Registered
311 Posts
I think it may be quite expensive to retro fit the B&O system, as there are more speakers and electrics - probably a sizeable job. I suggest you either accept the standard system which I have heard is actually ok (although I have B&O myself) or choose another car. However I do understand your frustration that the car is nearly but not ideal. Best of luck.

·
Registered
482 Posts
You are probably better off going to a high-end custom stereo shop and have a nice system put in. I had this done to the Gallardo and it costed me about $5000

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I haven't considered upgrading the B 'n O yet.IF there is a sub woofer,then I would change it and add a subwoofer/bass amp.My system seems to only lack a bit of bass.We are listening to PRODIGY alot lately thus I am upgrading my other daily drivers' sound systems..Have a listen to the song Deisel Power ,or Breathe (by Prodigy).If your system does'nt burn up at high volume ...you already have a descent system !!!:D:eek::cool::)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts