Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear the first STāSIS supercharger kits have been installed on the Audi R8 V10. Has anyone on R8Talk done the mod? We'd all love to hear about your real world experience!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Still waiting for mine. Whether it'll be in before AudiFest is anyone's guess...

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
My R8 Spyder is in my dealership Winner Audi in Wilmington, DE awaiting installation of the Extreme Challenge Kit. I think that I am #8 in the world. The Stasis engineer will arrive tomorrow to begin the install process. I believe that it will be at least a 4 day process. I hope to have it back by next weekend and if I'm not locked up immediately I will post my first experiences at some point next weekend.

My R8 has good company in my garage with a Ferrari 458, Corvette ZR1 and Bentley Supersport. All of my cars are modified except my my 458 (sorry no need to modify absolute perfection). I am really looking forward to driving my R8 as it is my only 3 peddle foreigner left in my collection.

I am so fortunate to have these toys to play around with. I understand and remind myself daily. Peace to all.:)

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
My Audi dealer has done at least one Spyder Daytona gray with the full package wheels supercharger brakes etc. and possibly one Coupe also.
I saw the Spyder when they worked on it,

Tonny

·
Registered
281 Posts
Dean -- I saw your beautiful Spyder this past week getting wrapped. Stellar indeed. I had a chance to go for a ride in Mr Firetti's Supercharged V10 coupe a couple months ago. Exhilarating!!!! Of course, his was an R-tronic. I can't imagine just what it would feel like in a Supercharged V10 with the top down... pure joy! And in a manual? Talk about fun. Tommy and the R8 techs over at Wilmington are just great. I hear rumors of a GT? Perhaps we can meet up sometime? Cheers.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
well Soho you're one up on me because I haven't seen my car since August when it was flat bedded down to Winner. Yes a GT is in my future I am told and I would be happy to meet up with you at some point once the R8 is completed. PM me your contact info. Michael is a friend and I agree his car is awesome.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My Audi dealer has done at least one Spyder Daytona gray with the full package wheels supercharger brakes etc. and possibly one Coupe also.
I saw the Spyder when they worked on it,

Tonny
Sorry, you got bad intel.

We did wheels, tires, suspension and exhaust on the Daytona Gray Spider. The car already had the ceramic brakes, so the STaSIS rotors weren't necessary. The supercharger was supposed to be installed by "end of summer." However, after a long run around and poor communication, all three of our supercharger orders have been canceled. Now we're down to zero.

STaSIS did no research on the optional rotors. The wheels did not fit against the Ceramic Rotors on this car, so the cheap fix was to shave the wheel hub. Unsafe in my opinion and a big headache for everyone involved.

·
Super Moderator
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I don't know why it has taken this long to get the STāSIS V10 SC kits into the field. I can understand and sympathize with your frustration when the promised delivery dates keep slipping. I do however believe the STāSIS SC kits will be a winner on the V10. I'm sure that if you'd hung in there the final result would have been satisfying. I have a couple of reasons for saying so:

I have had a STāSIS supercharger kit on my R8 V8 for over a year - mine was the second customer car installation and the first in USA. I daily drive the car, and also track it regularly. It has been everything I'd hoped for - strong, tractable and reliable. The VF-branded variant has been on cars for an additional year before mine. So there is ample operational experience with the basic product.

I'm not a STāSIS "insider"; however because I'm a customer who happens to live close to STāSIS's SC development partner VF Engineering I've had the opportunity to drive two of the supercharged V10 FSI cars, one a STāSIS R8 V10 Challenge Edition coupe and the other a VF Engineering LP-560 coupe. These are both without question very impressive cars and I, for one, would be very happy to own either!

bripar77 and I were at VF a week or so ago, and we watched SC hardware kits for the Audi R8 V10 being inspected, assembled and packaged for shipping to STāSIS, so I can assure you the V10 kits are finally getting out into the field. We were told that over a dozen had been shipped and perhaps half of those were already installed on cars.

They showed me some very nice detail improvements to a few of the components versus those in my year-old kit. I was impressed that the product, as good as it already is, is not static but instead continues to undergo improvements aiding ease of production, permitting simpler installation, and very likely improving long term reliability as well.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Can. Not. Wait.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
OMG...You feel like you've been launched from a sligshot. It has so much power and it handles like its on rails. This car has no equal. The only thing missing would be a transmission similar to teh Ferrari 458. I happen to have a 6 speed and thats cool but how much better would it be if I had a dual clutch.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
OMG...You feel like you've been launched from a sligshot. It has so much power and it handles like its on rails. This car has no equal. The only thing missing would be a transmission similar to teh Ferrari 458. I happen to have a 6 speed and thats cool but how much better would it be if I had a dual clutch.
Video! I'd be curious how it compares in acceleration to one of the new GTRs

·
Registered
613 Posts
My supercharger gets installed next week! I drop the car off tomorrow to give the dealer enough time to pull the engine before Stasis show up on Monday.

I'll be swinging by during the install, so pictures will be coming.

·
Super Moderator
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OMG...You feel like you've been launched from a sligshot. It has so much power and it handles like its on rails. This car has no equal. The only thing missing would be a transmission similar to the Ferrari 458. I happen to have a 6 speed and thats cool but how much better would it be if I had a dual clutch.
Even with all that added power, the R8 with its quattro AWD certainly handles it with aplomb!

I had a (too) brief drive in a STāSIS supercharged V10 MT Spyder on Friday afternoon. My first R8 Spyder drive!

I had a lot of fun putting the top and the rear window up and down, to see how the engine sound changes in the cabin. I felt just like a kid with a new toy! :rolleyes: I do like the way you can hear the engine more clearly on the Spyder - very nice even with the stock exhaust on this car. (I still prefer the throaty sound of the V8, however.)

There is nothing quite like a 700HP red convertible on a sunny afternoon...

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
PPI has recently developed their twin supercharged V10. 'PPI Razor GTR'
It pushes 800 HP with over 600 lbs. of torque. I'd be most interested in hearing from anyone considering this beast.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
One is being installed at Braman Audi in West Palm Beach, FL. The STaSIS engineer arrived this morning as I was dropping off my RS6. I'll post more pictures when I return to pick up my car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What is the cost including installation for the Stasis Challenge Extreme? I saw that Stasis had a slight sale. Also not sure who to go to in Bay Area for installation as none have done a V10 yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
What is the cost including installation for the Stasis Challenge Extreme? I saw that Stasis had a slight sale. Also not sure who to go to in Bay Area for installation as none have done a V10 yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Moggy will be the first in the Bay Area as far as I know. The only certified Stasis dealer in the Bay Area (excluding San Jose) is Rector in Burlingame.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Moggy will be the first in the Bay Area as far as I know. The only certified Stasis dealer in the Bay Area (excluding San Jose) is Rector in Burlingame.
Stevens Creek Audi in San Jose and Rector Audi in Burlingame are the only two Stasis dealers in the Bay Area. I believe there's another out by Sacramento.

The first v10 supercharger was installed in San Jose a month or two ago. Story here

Interestingly, while the service tech is responsible for a a lot of work, the actual install is done by Stasis technicians - in my case the Director of Engineering himself!

·
Registered
12 Posts
One is being installed at Braman Audi in West Palm Beach, FL. The STaSIS engineer arrived this morning as I was dropping off my RS6. I'll post more pictures when I return to pick up my car.

Hi Loppy, that was my car at Braman. I've had it now since Monday. Words can't describe how amazing it is, the wait has been worth it. I've been giggling a lot, similar to Matt in his Smoking Tire review. The handling is amazing with the lowered suspension, power instantaneous, but you can still feel like stealth mode when you want to, just like the original. When you need to flip that switch and pass into that narrow opening on the freeway, no sweat. I feel like I have a weapon and a responsibility to handle it carefully, less I want to teach the poseur gunning his engine at the stoplight a lesson. 3.1 0-60 feels about right. I'm there in 2nd, not even close to redline. Trying to be good, trying to be good...

I'm taking it to Sebring this weekend for it's first Stasis workout. Will report back and will put up some photos soon too.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts