Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw one recent post about the latest G3 OS hosing the MMC connection? Has anyone upgraded successfully???

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
G3? MMC?

I updated to 3.0 earlier, haven't gotten A2DP to work.. not sure what MMC is though.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
G3? MMC?

I updated to 3.0 earlier, haven't gotten A2DP to work.. not sure what MMC is though.
MMC = Multi-Media Controller, AKA the "head unit." your post was under a SD card topic so I was not sure what's not working. You upgraded to the new G3 OS (third generation iPhone operating system) and can not use your phonebook, phone, etc. in your R8? This is significant! Please elaborate on what is broken. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
MMC = Multi-Media Controller, AKA the "head unit." your post was under a SD card topic so I was not sure what's not working. You upgraded to the new G3 OS (third generation iPhone operating system) and can not use your phonebook, phone, etc. in your R8? This is significant! Please elaborate on what is broken. Thanks!
It's simply called OS 3.0 -- but yes, I upgraded and everything works fine. What I was commenting on was that the newly-enabled A2DP doesn't work as the R8 doesn't support it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I updated to OS 3.0. However, I will probably update to OS 5.0 by the time the car is out of repairs. I may also get married and have kids in that time too. A little sarcasm never hurts does it?

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's simply called OS 3.0 -- but yes, I upgraded and everything works fine. What I was commenting on was that the newly-enabled A2DP doesn't work as the R8 doesn't support it.
Oh, I get it, sorry. You mean you the car can't receive streaming iTunes music from the iPhone. I think it would take more than a firmware update to support that so that means it'll never work with my 09. Glad to hear the basic functions are still working. Time to upgrade my original iPhone to a 3Gs anyway! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I think the issue is with the car, not the phone

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got it - the phone can send it but the car can't receive it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts