Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had a drive in a R8 today.It felt good, nice smooth power but I thought it was a bit down on low end grunt. It only had about 200km on it so I dont know if they get better with more miles on them, do they?

The other thing I found was the foot rest (manual car) was a long strech to the foot.rest. Has anyone rased the foot rest so its a bit higher. Taller drivers may not have the same problem.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
I find myself keeping the revs around the 4k minimum to feel the kind of shove I'm used to, power builds a bit too lazily below that for me. Plus you get the extra noise with the exhaust valves opening around that mark which is a bonus :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Same here... it all happens above 4000rpm. Although that slow build up to 4k can be useful when stuck in traffic.... which is basically all the time!

As for the footrest, I built mine up with flightcase foam and some rubber matting. Works great....

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
I must admit that for better racetrack fun, I would prefer another 100HP to give the car a more even match with the Porsche GT3 and TT and the new GT-R. And I will probably go with the MTM supercharger, or someone's well made Turbo kit.

And yes,.. I am fully aware that the BEST solution for a car's smaller HP, is to better one's driving skills. I agree completely in this theory 100%.But I also want to be a little closer to having the same power/ weight ratio.

As for being a most perfect and powerful street car, the R8 is wonderful as is. And yes, I like the > 4000 RPMs. I am not a street racer, and don't really respect that stuff.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Barely enough, could use more. Therefore, keep it in the sweet spot. Then, it's plenty perky.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts