Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow R8 Owners-

Im curious how many have been unfortunate as I to experience unwanted guests in your car. In CA we seem to have a significant Rat problem. ( I know that opens up a whole different thread but Im not referring to politics). The costs are huge. One of my cars cost me 3 months of absence and $25k. Insurance paid for most of it. I was still out of pocket $5k. Tried all kinds of traps, sprays and enclosures. The traps didnt always lure them or one was already caught in the trap. The sprays, just smelt bad, had to be re-applied and other enclosures took too long to deploy. Most dont take preventative measures till it already happened. The negative is that rodents leave a turd trail that lets others know they came that way. Leads to re-infestation. Thats what happened to me. They can do a lot of damage in just a day.

Ken

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
I have used dryer sheets all over my car when I store it in the winter. I also put out five mouse traps with peanut butter and oatmeal for bait. A friend is an exterminator and that is the bait he said to use. I get at least one mouse per week in the traps and no evidence of mice. I put the dryer sheets on the tires, 4 in the engine compartment,six inside, 4 in the fronk, two at the bottom of each tire. It has worked for 10 years.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Fellow R8 Owners-

Im curious how many have been unfortunate as I to experience unwanted guests in your car. In CA we seem to have a significant Rat problem. ( I know that opens up a whole different thread but Im not referring to politics). The costs are huge. One of my cars cost me 3 months of absence and $25k. Insurance paid for most of it. I was still out of pocket $5k. Tried all kinds of traps, sprays and enclosures. The traps didnt always lure them or one was already caught in the trap. The sprays, just smelt bad, had to be re-applied and other enclosures took too long to deploy. Most dont take preventative measures till it already happened. The negative is that rodents leave a turd trail that lets others know they came that way. Leads to re-infestation. Thats what happened to me. They can do a lot of damage in just a day.

Ken
Try the Goodnature A24 trap.
Here's a link.

https://www.automatictrap.com

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I tried that one. I used their special bait, made sure the counter was reset and even used their test strips (nibble strips) to prove there were rodents around. Didnt catch one. I made sure the trigger wire wasnt obstructed an the piston engaged. It did. Trap was working. Tried it in two places. Not one. Gave it to a friend to see if he had better luck around his woodpile where there is a lot of droppings. Will check with him if he had better luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts