Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think there might be a fault with my head unit - even when the car is off and keys are out of the ignition I can still hear the DVD drive sometimes whirring like it's reading the disk.
I had a battery drain issue which I thought was the aftermarket exhaust valves, around the same time I got a trickle charger so it sits on that now anyway when not it use, so what I thought might have been a case of leaving the car with the valves open, turns out this might not be the cause...

But I'm pretty sure the head unit is gong to drain the battery down, perhaps a good time to upgrade it for a better version.
Does anybody know if newer R8 head units will go is as a straight swap? Having one with built in bluetooth capability for music would be awesome.
has anybody done an upgrade on the standard MMI that came with the 2008 models? (has a CD changer between the seats)

Many thanks!

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Definitely worth getting in touch with Hazzydayz near St.Albans. I had mine upgraded by them. They are very knowledgeable and were great to deal with.

Link.

https://www.hazzydayz.com/

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Newer head units can be installed with no issues.
You will need to make a couple of small coding changes though.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you know what the coding changes are? Is that done through VAG software?

Also... I dropped you a DM about mag rides!

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts