Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the R8 have one and if so, how do you turn it on?

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
This is funny. I remember my first few weeks of learning about the R 8. I was asking all the same questions.All of your answers are already on this forum...95 % of them anyways!!! Does the search system on this website help at all??It can be hard to find an old thread that pertains sometimes.Most U.S. cars DON'T have headlight washers. I took my whole front end apart to learn what is really going on in there.Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:What part of the world is your MOSH pit IN ???? See pics in harrisons' gallery.A picture tells a thousand words. A video is almost done with my R 8 in it. See a preview at janerinsurance.com/v2. The finished project should be up in a few days. The video should be just what the forum is looking for.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Harrison is correct. NO headlight washers on US V8 cars! (Per order sheet)
Nothing is noted about them if you opt for the LED lights, or if the V10 (which has the LED light std.) has them.

Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is a Canadian car so it does have them. I can see a round piece under the headlight that looks like it pops out. I can't get them to do it though. Anyone else....? Thanks for your reply.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
This is funny. I remember my first few weeks of learning about the R 8. I was asking all the same questions.All of your answers are already on this forum...95 % of them anyways!!! Does the search system on this website help at all??It can be hard to find an old thread that pertains sometimes.Most U.S. cars DON'T have headlight washers. I took my whole front end apart to learn what is really going on in there.Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:What part of the world is your MOSH pit IN ???? See pics in harrisons' gallery.A picture tells a thousand words. A video is almost done with my R 8 in it. See a preview at janerinsurance.com/v2. The finished project should be up in a few days. The video should be just what the forum is looking for.
Harrison, is that Mulholland Drive ?

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
It is a Canadian car so it does have them. I can see a round piece under the headlight that looks like it pops out. I can't get them to do it though. Anyone else....? Thanks for your reply.
The US cars have the "round piece" but it is simply a plug ...there is no headlight washer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
even if the R8 had head light washer .... what would be the point of it .... i never understood the logic of head light washers ...

·
Registered
761 Posts
even if the R8 had head light washer .... what would be the point of it .... i never understood the logic of head light washers ...
I agree. It "breaks" the design flow of the bumper.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
I take it you don't live in a part of the world with muddy roads - the dirt thrown up by cars in front can have a pretty big effect on the efficiency of the headlights.

I agree. It "breaks" the design flow of the bumper.
the bumpers look the same on those with washers and those without as the washer unit is hidden when not actually spraying, so are you saying you think the current bumper design is broken?

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
In the UK (EU?) if you have Xenons the manufacturer has to include self levelling and washer or wipers I believe?

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
seems that way Ian as it's a requirement for aftermarket hid's:

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/drs/hidheadlamps

2. Once fitted to the vehicle it must have headlamp cleaning and self-levelling (which can be for the headlamp or can be in the vehicle suspension - some expensive estate cars have "self-levelling suspension" and that is adequate). Also the dipped beam must stay on with the main beam.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So does anyone know how to turn them on? Is it every xxx windshield spray? I have them but they do not seem to turn on...

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
On mine they come on when you have the lights on (not the DRL's) and you call for a screen wash. After the first use, they then work every 5th time (from memory) from the user manual.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts