Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Any update to how this was solved?
Got this exact same issue after removing the rear bumper to install the exhaust system.

If I disconnect the battery for a while and then re-connect - then try to open the roof again (whilst the lid is still open), then it closes fine.
But if I close the roof once more, then try to re-open it, it gets stuck again.
An update to my issue experienced about 2 years ago. Turns out it was related to the battery since the car was standing for a few days.

Once I got the battery fully charged, the issue went away

·
Registered
2 Posts
check all sensors in the area ...i bet it’s something there.
Hi Dimitri . . . yes you are right Audi charged me $400 to tell me this . . apparently its a 'rear window limit switch sensor' that is faulty . . but this should mean my rear window 'wind deflector' should not work? because it works fine but a sensor somewhere in that area is is picking up a fault . . I want to either replace it or reset it some how but I don't know where it is or what it looks like . . I cant find any information online about R8 spyder rear window limit switch sensor at all . . I've even started researching lamborghini gallardo spyder sensors to see if I can find 1 or any information as they're almost the same car

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Hi Dimitri . . . yes you are right Audi charged me $400 to tell me this . . apparently its a 'rear window limit switch sensor' that is faulty . . but this should mean my rear window 'wind deflector' should not work? because it works fine but a sensor somewhere in that area is is picking up a fault . . I want to either replace it or reset it some how but I don't know where it is or what it looks like . . I cant find any information online about R8 spyder rear window limit switch sensor at all . . I've even started researching lamborghini gallardo spyder sensors to see if I can find 1 or any information as they're almost the same car
Govid what year do u have ....i can search i have a specific repair manual for my 2011
spyder.
i will look since i have been sitting around anyway.
If you like pm your email.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts