Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just booked in to have a miltek cat back exhaust fitted. I have only 1 day to decide between the resonated and non resonated options.
Does anyone out there have experience of either ie approx how much louder than the standard ? measured dbs or % increase
Will they pass a " quiet " track day (usually 98 db).
I am tending towards the non resonated version but don't want anything too loud either.
Many thanks

·
Registered
313 Posts
I never had a issue with my non res milltek on a track day.

but last monday as i was driving back from a trackday and i was doing easy 120 to 140 km/h cruising speed for about 1 one hour it was getting loud inside the car.
I was happy when we arrive home and i changend to my reg car.

·
Registered
313 Posts
careful the r8 is much louder then the RS4 with Milltek as the system is much shorter and the RS4 has 2 separate rear silencers, as the R8 has only one.
I used to have a Milltek on a RS4 non res , compared to the R8 it is day and night.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'm still waiting for Milltek to release the oval tips. They said sometime in April, but no news so far. Ti-Mike, you have the stock tips, right? Also, do you have the Milltek cats on your car?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone got Tubi's on their R8? Am thinking about it vs. the Miltek Ovals

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was under the impression that they did yes. will double check with them directly

·
Registered
183 Posts
Rayc: Well, how did it go? Are your happy with the results? Too loud? Is there any perceived difference in performance? Please let us know!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I love the Tubi sound on a Ferrari. I know they have one for the RS4, but I would love to hear one on a R8.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
I contacted Tubi USA, and they said they have no exhaust for the R8 yet. So I ordered the PPI exhaust from OEMPL.us. Ought to be pretty hot sounding!

mt

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Hey Rayc
Did you put the Milltek exhaust on? Results? I'm considering it now and just wondered. Did you go resonated or non?

I have Millteks on a 911 Turbo and Audi RS6 in the US and they are great.
M

·
Registered
7 Posts
As far as I am concerned, the non-res is the only way to go. It's really not much louder, and the excellent burble and snap at start-up is worth it every time. The non-res develops a hair more power than the res also- and lets face it- it meets track regs (comes in at 95.5db @ WOT), sounds great, and gives the power.

also, the resonated system has two resonators on it, one on each side, for the poster who suggested it had one.

/:\

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Any decent quality videos out there of the milteks res and non res?

·
Registered
7 Posts
The sound clip on Milltek's website is of the Res version-

this is my own clip, non-res, door closed, window down, inside, camera about head level looking at the dash. With the windows up there is no discernible sound difference.

enjoy.

vrooom vrooooooom

*ah, I looked, but I have nothing for the wonderful sound of a cold-start.*

·
Registered
163 Posts
and the verdict? I just installed and drove a 6spd with a milltek.. non-res.. glorious!
it was very good,but I did not drive the car, Phil drove me in their demo car which was an auto and had just been chipped as well,so the sound is great but unsure wether there is any difference in response or performance.
I would go for the resonated myself as the unresonated is a touch too noisy for me,but its a personal preference thing,they are both great sounding.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts