Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, almost...

The keys will be in my sticky mits on Monday 14th January... actually Audi themselves could do it sooner (Wednesday next week!) but my finance guy says he needs a clear week to get everything in order, so I'm being forced to wait.

Tracker has already been installed, insurance has already been sorted, and will be purchased today...

Any other UK members had a 'special' handover? My dealer's policy (so it appears) is not to do the handover at the dealership itself, but to take the customer (and parter) out for a nice lunch, and deliver the car to the hotel/restaurant near the end of lunch (on a transporter of course) and handover in the car park. Quite a nice touch, seeing as the dealer I ordered from is an hour's drive away, and as they aren't an R8 dealer, the car is actually being PDI'ed even further away than that, so it would have been quite a trek to get it!

I had to think of some nice local places to suggest for lunch. One of my friends suggested we do the handover right across the road from my office - on the forecourt of the huge local Porsche dealership... :D

·
Registered
718 Posts
Dear Jampott,

Enjoy it and look forward to seing you locally !!

That's a very nice touch from your dealer.

My dealer collected me from St. Albans and drove me to Guildford to collect mine, but alas, no lunch. However, he did kindly pay to fill it up with petrol (cars usually supplied these days with 1/2 tank only), so I'm not complaining.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Jampott,
Sounds like the 14th will be a lovely day, for more than just taking collection of your new baby!
I got mine trailer delivered to my offices in the City, checked the car, signed the paperwork and that was that. Just under 75% tank of petrol and not even a whiff of a free Audi umbrella!!
I got better service when I collected my MKII TT from Docklands Audi!!
Enjoy!
Cheers.
Paul.

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
i got mine in the dealer and got a nice cup of tea. thats all. But then again my salesperson was not in.

From now on factory collection only.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i got mine in the dealer and got a nice cup of tea. thats all. But then again my salesperson was not in.

From now on factory collection only.
My sales guy is on holiday too... this is actually a different dealer taking me out. :D Since mine aren't an R8 dealer.

Lets get our twins together Tej! You're right (on your MSN) I can't sleep. I actually dreamt about the **** thing last night!

·
Registered
190 Posts
My sales guy is on holiday too... this is actually a different dealer taking me out. :D Since mine aren't an R8 dealer.

Lets get our twins together Tej! You're right (on your MSN) I can't sleep. I actually dreamt about the **** thing last night!
Triplets, Ali gets his this weekend.;)

·
Registered
617 Posts
if you have two huge mirrors we can do the Flamingo trick and pretend there is loads! lol
I will presume that you are all Ibis White?

Stick a Daytona grey in the mix as the black sheep of the family :D :D :D :D :D

Could make an unusual photo opportunity :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I HAVE IT!!!! :) :) :)

Hats off to Vindis for making an excellent job of the Handover, complete with a nice lunch and a lovely gift.

For those who already have theirs, I don't need to say any more. For those that don't, just know that it is worth the wait...

Quite simply brilliant, and that's without properly driving it yet!

·
Registered
113 Posts
was it Lee Manning? at Northampton Audi? who took you for your slap up meal? He has spoken to me about it and its a great idea. Can't speak highly enough of the guy.
he managed to get me on two track days last year
Great service.

congrats i bet it looks stunning

·
Registered
129 Posts
Well, I HAVE IT!!!! :) :) :)

Hats off to Vindis for making an excellent job of the Handover, complete with a nice lunch and a lovely gift.

For those who already have theirs, I don't need to say any more. For those that don't, just know that it is worth the wait...

Quite simply brilliant, and that's without properly driving it yet!
Great news Jampott :cool:

I expect you're too busy driving to give us an update :D

What was the final outcome with your (lack of) alcantara doorcards ? I have this combo on order and wonder what Audi have done for you ?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
was it Lee Manning? at Northampton Audi? who took you for your slap up meal? He has spoken to me about it and its a great idea. Can't speak highly enough of the guy.
he managed to get me on two track days last year
Great service.

congrats i bet it looks stunning
Yep - the very same. I didn't order through Northampton, but Lee is the R8 advocate for the Vindis group. Lunch was a great idea, and made for a stress-free and relatively relaxed handover - a good chance to chat with Lee (and Paul, the Head of Business from Vindis Huntingdon) and I think it was an excellent bit of work, just to make the handover a step above buying even an RS4-level car.

I've had a good chance for a play tonight, taking the boys out for a quick spin each, then t'other half to Tesco for a couple of essentials. Got back to the car at Tesco, to find a couple of folk taking photos of it. :D

Stopped and chatted for a bit (you have to, don't you!) and it just adds to the pleasure which has been my first few hours as an owner.

Now safely tucked up behind electric gates on my drive... ;)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Yep - the very same. I didn't order through Northampton, but Lee is the R8 advocate for the Vindis group. Lunch was a great idea, and made for a stress-free and relatively relaxed handover - a good chance to chat with Lee (and Paul, the Head of Business from Vindis Huntingdon) and I think it was an excellent bit of work, just to make the handover a step above buying even an RS4-level car.

I've had a good chance for a play tonight, taking the boys out for a quick spin each, then t'other half to Tesco for a couple of essentials. Got back to the car at Tesco, to find a couple of folk taking photos of it. :D

Stopped and chatted for a bit (you have to, don't you!) and it just adds to the pleasure which has been my first few hours as an owner.

Now safely tucked up behind electric gates on my drive... ;)
Congratulations, welcome to the celebrity R8 circus. Expect that every time you park to find people hanging around with camera phones, this will be your new way of life for some time yet.

Does feel good even if it is a little intrusive.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts