Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found these parts on the RS246 forum, some really nice pieces i thought....

Firstly the front splitter, this retails at £599+VAT

Carbon Mirror covers - these retail at £599+VAT

Carbon rear spoiler - Retailing at £599+VAT

Carbon Side blades - Retailing at £2850+VAT for the pair

And lastly (one of my favourites too) - Carbon rear difuser - retailing at £845+VAT

Available from Awesome in Manchester (UK) - www.awesome-gti.co.uk

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
not keen on those ducted sideblades or rear spoiler trim - but the other stuff would look good on a white/red r8 with oem carbon blades imo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its all personal preference really isnt it, its something a bit different, and the last time i enquired about the carbon blades from Audi they said it was an open ended back order due to a carbon fibre shortage!:eek:

I really like the front and rear valences.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Placed a order for the carbon front spoiler to match in with the carbon fibre side blades.Cost was 935 Euro shipped to Australia.
None in stock but delivery confirmed for within a period of 6 weeks.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Placed a order for the carbon front spoiler to match in with the carbon fibre side blades.Cost was 935 Euro shipped to Australia.
None in stock but delivery confirmed for within a period of 6 weeks.
post back with thoughts of quality when you get them

·
Administrator
6,229 Posts
I ordered the front splitter and rear spoiler lip and will have them this week. Was wondering if any here have put these on and if it's something easy to do myself? thanks

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I ordered the front splitter and rear spoiler lip and will have them this week. Was wondering if any here have put these on and if it's something easy to do myself? thanks
I had my dealer install mine as it requires the removal of the undertray at the front and drilling of holes etc which I didn't have the time to do.

I am sure any person with common sense and some mechanical ability would not have a problem:)

Also the quality and finish of the spoiler is outstanding.

·
Administrator
6,229 Posts
I am sure any person with common sense and some mechanical ability would not have a problem:)
Counts me out:) Looks like I will have it installed by professionals. How about rear spoiler? Anyone done that?

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
I have the rear spoiler. I had it installed by a local HIGH-END auto body shop. They used a high bond strength urethane adhesive, sanded both the CF and the existing spoiler to assure the highest bond strength. They had to clamp the CF spoiler down to the existing spoiler and let the adhesive cure for two days.

They did a perfect job. The car looks very good in my opinion.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Van Nuys...Van Nuys...Very Nice !! Can we see a pic with wing in up position?

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Harry, there's a picture with the wing up at the beginning of the thread.

·
Administrator
6,229 Posts
Parts are in and getting installed tomorrow, Will post some pics then. Now hoping we get the buy going on Carbon Fiber vents, Should look good with rear CF lip.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I fitted the rear myself, you do need clamps I used cheap plastic ones with cloth underneath to protect the finish, no sanding is required the silicon based adhesive is excellent and has been track tested to over 150 mph.

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
Since I have been involved in adhesives at 3M for 30+ years I wanted to make sure the spoiler did not come off while on the track. I saw a video of a car loosing it's spoiler and crashing. That video made me make sure I had the best adhesive and adhesion possible. Crashing is not good for our R8s.

·
Administrator
6,229 Posts
They also supply screws along with the adhesive. I am using the screws also. Brought car in this morning but since I can't leave it there, plan was take off parts of car and secure pieces and pick up tomorrow. Rear spoiler no problem to take off, Just 4 bolts. Having a problem with front though. They took off undertray but could not figure out how to unclip front spoiler. They think whole bumper might have to come off. Anyone know if thats true? Or if anybody has the Bentley book does it show how to remove the front spoiler? Thanks

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Looks like the front bumper comes off. You can watch the Capristo Video and they talk about the carbon front spoiler. They show the front end around 3 min into the second video, which is linked below. If you want to see video of the rear pieces, see the part 1 video.

·
Administrator
6,229 Posts
Thanks for vid, That spoiler replaces the stock while the Hofele mounts to the stock. But was able to see all those snaps that hold spoiler to bumper and getting them undone was the problem. Looks like with bumper off it would be easier.

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
Definitely easier w/the front bumper off. The clips, as you discovered, are a biatch to get loose.

I've had mine off a couple of times; once to replace the front grill and then when I installed laser jammers.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts