Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I park the R8 in three different garages and I tried programming two of the remotes... The third garage uses RFID tags to open but the security has a remote for the gate so I will try to borrow it and program it...

I followed the instructions for the other two remotes and the car accepted them (with the triple blink) but when I try to open the garage with the HomeLink it doesnt work... What could be causing this?

·
Registered
49 Posts
It could be the remotes use rolling codes,this involves putting the gates/doors in learning mode,this is covered in the handbook or more info is available on the Homelink web pages--search HOMELINK or JOHNSON systems, it may help to see the door/gate instructions or search them also.It,s not usually the car at fault ,but the programming method. Hope this helps J.K

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is helpful thank you. I will look for a LEARN button tonight...

Since this is a shared garage with all the people in the building, will programming the car like this not affect other people's remotes?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The garage door opener doesnt have a learn button.

I read in the manual that the HomeLink light is supposed to blink rapidly if it is a rolling code system but it just stayed solid... Anyone have ideas?

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
Usually rolling code receivers only store a limited number of codes (individual transmitters), usually eight. If it is a community garage it is probably not rolling code.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts