• No

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 2 10.0%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
well depends on what effect... i mean, the color is very special .. not everybody will want such a car.. i like it.. but anyway...

was this all, this poll was about.. or was it something i misseD?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's all the poll is about.

I have a concern that, whilst the colour is lovely, it'll depreciate like no tomorrow...

·
Registered
718 Posts
Personal answer Jampott ??

R8Chris is being diplomatic.

Yes, I personally think you will greatly reduce the number of buyers interested in your car. You will need that "special" buyer..........

If you can't afford to take a "hit" when it comes to sale time, then suggest you pick a more conservative colour.

If you are not too bothered about the time it will take to sell your car, or the amount you get, then go for what you like.

Either way, enjoy it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Looks good, but is really a Lambo colour combo. Personally I would order a Gallardo in this colour but not a special order R8 as it could be difficult to move on. However if you like it get it, but remember don't order with lime green seats and a red steering wheel as that will be impossible to shift later:)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually its an Audi colour, but there you go... :p

At £2400 just for the paint, plus the depreciation, I fear its going to be a little 'rich' for me.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Strangely, lime green seats and a red steering wheel wouldn't pose a problem at resale, as they are relatively easy parts to 'swap'. Obviously it isn't possible to 'swap' a paint colour.

I think I've just talked myself out of Imola Yellow. Which is a real shame.

Does anyone think that IBIS WHITE will have similar issues at resale? Whilst it is a 'standard' colour, again I'm not sure if it is an 'acceptable' one.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I saw white yesterday and thought it looked great - but not great enough to take the risk of reducing the amount of potential buyers. (and you will be for ever cleaning it)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I love Ibis white! I think it looks fantastic... Shouldnt the R8 be about personal enjoyment, and not really about resale value? If different and standing out is what your after then a standing out colour is what you need. would be kinda boring if everyones were the same because of resale value.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For those of us without bottomless pockets, resale is important.

Whilst there are a few people on here to whom dropping £10k because they picked an 'unusual' colour would be small change, for me it represents quite a large amount of money...

I agree the car is about personal enjoyment, but if I have to stop enjoying it, I don't want to have problems selling it on!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
FWIW, my last 4 cars:

1) 2001 Audi TT Roadster in boring silver
2) 2003 Nissan 350z in Le Mans Sunset (orange)
3) 2004 Audi S4 Avant in Nogaro Blue
4) 2007 Range Rover Sport TDv8 HSE in Java Black

So I've a history somewhere in the middle there of picking 'unusual' colours - but I always wished my TTR had been something other than plain silver.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I agree with you Jambo. When you get to the point of selling you have probably fallen out of love with the car, so an "unusual" colour choice affecting resale will definitely make parting from the car a more unpleasant experience.

I have gone for Silver as although it may be boring, I think it never looks bad, doesn't look dirty all the time (Black & White are guilty here), and I think it kind of suits the R8. However each to their own, my daughter thinks I should have gone for Daytona.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Was there a dramatic lower resale value to the cars because of colour?
Actually the Nogaro blue, whilst 'unusual' is very popular.

I know some people who have had major issues selling on BMW M3s previously, particularly in the mustard yellow colour.

Same goes for the RRS in red. Dealers immediately knock a few £k off the trade in price, as they KNOW it'll be on their forecourt for a while.

Perhaps the overall demand for the R8 will mitigate this to a certain extent, and I doubt it'll ever be a case of 'oversupply', but with a few cars to choose from, if nobody likes yellow, it won't sell!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I agree with you Jambo. When you get to the point of selling you have probably fallen out of love with the car, so an "unusual" colour choice affecting resale will definitely make parting from the car a more unpleasant experience.

I have gone for Silver as although it may be boring, I think it never looks bad, doesn't look dirty all the time (Black & White are guilty here), and I think it kind of suits the R8. However each to their own, my daughter thinks I should have gone for Daytona.

As I said on my other thread regarding Rockingham, Silver actually looked very nice indeed, and I was expecting it to look boring.

So far, I've been most disappointed by Daytona. Wasn't what I was hoping for. And despite initially liking it in black, I like the contrast between the styling details (eg the vent strakes) and the body colour, which black obviously doesn't give.

·
Registered
718 Posts
JampoTT,

Go to your nearest dealer and look at the colour swatches.

I think an unusual, but good, colour combo will add to resaleability.

I think a papaya or yellow will be awkward to shift.

White has to be kept very clean, and IMHO, does not look as masculine. Look at the photos on the forum "photo Gallery". there are some goods shots of a white R8.

P.S. you have a PM.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've had trouble choosing the colour of my car - to be honest I don't really like any of Audi's current offerings. I've gone for Daytona/Oxygen, but only because I've had too many silver cars and, lovely though it looks, I don't like black. Daytona is not a good grey - it's bland compared with other Audi greys, eg Condor or Dolphin -and Nogaro is a poor blue compared with Porsche or BMW equivalents (my opinion only of course).
Jet Blue is tempting but... without seeing it in the flesh, I really have no idea what it's like. I don't think Audi are actually offering the dark green yet.
If I want to change, it needs to be within the next couple of days.
Any thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Calum,

I went for silver with carbon side blades. I have high hopes that this will look good. In Scotland I have seen Black with Oxygen, Silver with Grey in Glasgow, Perth has Daytona with Oxygen and Black with Black. Might be worth a call round some of the others to see if there is a Jet blue for viewing.

IMHO I thought the Silver looked good as did the Daytona. Black was just ok. Think Jet would look good but I too was uneasy in ordering it without seeing it in the flesh. I will pick my car up in the next two weeks I will post some pics asap.

BTW I was at Lambo Edinburgh yesterday - wow some crazy Gallardo colours - orange, lime green, pearl - all looked fantastic. Not so sure the R8 can take those colours though. Incidentally although the R8 and Gallardo are related, the R8 appears a much bigger car. Not as dinky as the Gallardo.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts