Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of my literature says 90L

I can only get in 60L

What's going on? - is the literature wrong, is there 30L left in my tank and the guage / mileage left reads incorrectly?

I know the R8 has 2 cylindrical aluminium tanks, but what is the truth, has it been discussed before?

Jon

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have managed to to get £90 of normal unleaded in which was over 85l (If my maths is right) There is quite a bit left in the tank when the miles to fill up says 0. It is certainly more than 60litres

I did one of the Jeremy Clarkson tests but bottled out :)

·
Registered
347 Posts
I think there are 2 options.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the dealer looking into it now

·
Registered
293 Posts
Refuel warning light just came on and put in 80 Liters. Tank size ..90 liters is about right ...

·
Registered
193 Posts
In Germany - and likely the rest of Europe also - the size of the standard tank is 60 litres, with a 90 litres tank being a cost-free option (option code 0M6).

·
Registered
647 Posts
In Germany - and likely the rest of Europe also - the size of the standard tank is 60 litres, with a 90 litres tank being a cost-free option (option code 0M6).
Standard tank is 75L, NOT 60L. 90L tank is cost free option on all LHD EU markets.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I agree with Kreso.
The tank has 75 l (standard) or 90 l as a free option. I did choose the latter. Picked mine on Sat. (drove 1000km last weekend, was great!) and filled the tank with 85 liters.

·
Registered
193 Posts
You're right. I stand corrected.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts