Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
By changing the rear rings to a slightly smaller size than the front emblem.The rear rings emblem comes bigger in the rear than the front. The rear smaller emblem is working out quite nicely.I.M.O. I won't put the front emblem back on . the front just looks cleaner without it. The new smaller chrome rings in back go well with the FOUR chrome exhaust tips. Concorso ,here we come. So now she has a bigger looking arse. :) 305's and a spring kit are next.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Depends on the colour of the car but the black section on the back of the V10 makes it look wider, can't see any reason why a v8 couldn't be painted in the same way. This black section obviously can't be defined on a black car so no effect!

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pics will be posted very soon . I thought of blacking out the rear like the V10 waay before the V10 came out. I figure Audi squirt some nice paint back there so I would leave it. The V10 black back section is actually a separate peice. The unblacked look accentuates the rear fins and grills and stuff.The front I did black out and enlargened the front intakes larger than the V10 and before the V10 was seen also. I'm almost done with my V8 and I think it looks better than the V10 , I guess it's time to find a V10 to play with and modify. I do like black ( w/no mettalics) But I emmediatly knew that the R8's modern shape could be best appreciated with a lighter color. My freinds in Germany were angered when I did'nt go black. The light green mettalic shown on this site really caught my eye...but there are thousands of other makes /models that same color (VW) here in California. There are millions of other black cars ,I know , But I'll always think black is beutiful .Maybe a Jet Black V10 is in my future. :)

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
By changing the rear rings to a slightly smaller size than the front emblem.The rear rings emblem comes bigger in the rear than the front. The rear smaller emblem is working out quite nicely.I.M.O. I won't put the front emblem back on . the front just looks cleaner without it. The new smaller chrome rings in back go well with the FOUR chrome exhaust tips. Concorso ,here we come. So now she has a bigger looking arse. :) 305's and a spring kit are next.
On wrecked exotics there is an R8 that has been rear ended by a truck ;-)....

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
On wrecked exotics there is an R8 that has been rear ended by a truck ;-)....
link?

I looked at all the R8 pics on there, only rear enders (where R8 was hit-ee) we're minor ones. In most the R8 is the (big time!) hit-or!

Many years ago (when the avg. car on the US road was TWICE the size it is now), on a dark, rainy night while waiting at a red light with my left turn signal flashing, in a black Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider, I was hit from behind by a cement-mixer truck just as the light changed. He ran up over my back end, turned left and pushed me about a block with my front wheels off the ground and with me honking the horn like crazy!! He finally stopped and got out to look at what was going on up front!! Said he noticed my turn signal flashing out from under his left front end!! Was the first he knew I was there:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Sorry pal I was (trying) being ironic... :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Lower it and put some wider tires! I am running 325's on 20s in the rear and and have the Stasis lowered spring package. Fattened and phattened up the rear end real nice.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Lower it and put some wider tires! I am running 325's on 20s in the rear and and have the Stasis lowered spring package. Fattened and phattened up the rear end real nice.
That I would love to see..got a pic?

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
325/??-20 what aspect 325's?

·
Registered
220 Posts
willyjp a question. When you refer to the lowering kits ,can this used with the
optional magnetc ride.
conm

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
willyjp a question. When you refer to the lowering kits ,can this used with the
optional magnetc ride.
conm
that was kmarshall who said he'd lowered his car and put 325/xx-20's on the rear

I was asking him: "what aspect 325's?" I was wondering if he did a true "+1"
with offsetting aspect down to 25% (? if that's available) or what

if he's in the US, the answer is probably "yes," because the "mag ride" shocks have been std. equipt.
on the US model R8 ever since introduction

unfortunately, he doesn't post his location on his title line

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are there any pics posted somewhere on this site of Kmarshalls' R8?? :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Lower it ... just like K said. I did the H&R's but did not go fatter on the rubber and here is the result. Mine is the Daytona.

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Hey Desparado... Check out the pic of you at the party. In my gallery, Pic. called LIKE WHITE ON RICE !! :) And my R8 is already wider than most.I have the 10 mm spacers remember? I just put smaller emblems on rear to give illusion of a larger rear.Next will be the spring kit and maybe 305s !! Pics of her rear coming soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts