Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got myself really confused.

How many R8's are being produced a day....

I've read 10, 20, 30 on different sites.....

My dealer talks about 500 a year... is that the UK allocation....

Sorry if this has been done to death before, I'd just like to have these figuressorted out..... :confused:

·
Registered
604 Posts
It is a maximum of 20 a day. Not sure if they work weekends or if they have a summer break

Uk Allocation for THIS year is 500 and 750 next year.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks imclueless.
That makes me think that with a 30 a day production that equates to approx 7800 per year. If they keep this model alive for 5-6 years, there will still not be too many on the road... Porsche managed 17000 registrations in 2006 alone just in Germany.
So it puts it into prespective that R8's will not be too popular on the road

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think im right in saying that the uk 500 alloctaion is including Audi center cars which is 2 per R8 center? (I couldnt say how many dealers there are selling R8). and also press vehicles. so really the number of 'on the road customer vehicles' is less which makes it an even more desireable car...

Is this correct?

·
Registered
604 Posts
There is a rolling programme for R8 dealers - one showroom and one demo. The demo gets sold after x months the showroom becomes demo and they get a new showroom etc.

If there is still a major waiting list in a few years I suspect that Audi will build another factory for more "niche" models

·
Registered
718 Posts
Allegedly 450 "customer" cars this year.

Production is supposed to be 20 a day. the factory shuts for some (or most) of August, plus Christmas, Easter etc. Probably 45 full working weeks per year (?).

So, production around 4500 a year ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts