Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As the title says does anyone know how much the wheels are to buy from Audi or any other reputable source ?

My nearside ones hit a kerb earlier on tonight (only doing about 10mph at the time :mad: )

Gutted :(

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks BND :)

I think I'll price up some MTM Bimotos as well now I've got the perfect excuse ;)

On the bright side at least there was no tyre damage :eek:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Those were rears.... no idea on fronts. Probably very similar in price.
Did you give yours a bit of a whack?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had just came over the crest of a singletrack railway bridge with traffic lights and was watching for a couple of young lads on bikes that looked like they were about to cross in front of me.

I've driven the road hundreds of times and know there's a protruding kerb where the road widens out again but was paying more attention to the kids.

Heres the pain

I feel a right muppet :eek:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just read your first post again..... :eek:
Worrying that you've done enough damage to warrant new wheels with such a slow speed...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its just that I doubt I'd ever get a good quality refurb (if possible at all) The rim on the front one especially is well and truly mangled :(

I'll give the dealer a call in the morning and see what they say, wheels can be replaced, kids are a lot more fragile :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
I used Micheldever tyres to refurb some Speedline alloys from my old Alfa 75.... They were neither round or square when I took them in, and had almost 360 degrees of scuffs. Once I got them back they looked brand new, and after a minimal balance they were totally wobble free.
They're a little too far away for you though really! Pity.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
wickedwheels was my first thought too after seeing the photo

·
Registered
172 Posts
It's but a scratch. Upsetting I am sure, but I hate to think what damage my wife has done to the wheels on my various vehicles when I have had to lend her my keys.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
I a sure you can get those wheels repaired. I have had worse damage made to look like new on an earlier car (MB SLK AMG) and, having recently hit the curb with one of the rears of my R8, my Audi dealer said there would be no problem to repair it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Both my N/S wheels have been damaged the same way. The car's going in for software upgrades tomorrow, and I'm going to have the wheels re-profiled. Will post before and after pics :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks Mad-Dot :)

Where are you getting the wheels re-profiled ?
Some company Audi Braehead use. If they want daft money, I'll just take the wheels and tyres off and give them to one of my customers (engineering company) and get my son to re-lacquer them :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi Mainy, I badly kerbed a rear wheel 2 months ago when driven off the road by a nutter in a Cayenne.:eek: I went to enquire about a new wheel only to find that my dealer had a chap who does their wheel repairs. I had it repaired at my local dealership in Aberdeen. Repair was around £75 plus VaT and was AMAZING. Speak to Mathew Brooks their R8 service guy, he is a very helpful enthusiast. Much cheaper than a new wheel, and a brilliant job.:D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cheers Mad Dot & GR8 , will give Aberdeen Audi a call today and see what they say :cool:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Cheers Mad Dot & GR8 , will give Aberdeen Audi a call today and see what they say :cool:
Mainy,
Just dropped the car off, surprise surprise, the girl that booked it in was wrong, they don't have anyone that does them! Nor do they have the R8 loaner they said I would get :(
I'm going to see if my man can do them, and I'll get the wheels taken off and do it myself. Here's a pic of the damage

Stewart.

·
Registered
184 Posts
:eek: Scraped my nsf wheel whilst parking last night on a particulary nasty kerb stone (typical).... :(
It's in for 2 new rear wheels and 4 tyres under warranty next week, so I've booked a wheel repair for the same time. I checked out my old RS4 (still there on the forecourt!!) which had a couple of small repairs done after I part ex'd it on the R8, and the repairs are invisible. Hopefully the R8 will be the same story.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts