Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Many R8's for sale in today's Sunday Times (UK).
Is anyone actually planning on keeping their car?
It's like the bloody late 80's all over again...

·
Registered
718 Posts
I think most of us on this forum - people who are car enthusiasts - are keepers.

I took this issue up with Audi only last week. They are none too happy either. It's bad for them too. They want the true customers to get their cars and are well aware that this situation is really p*ssing everyone off.

It just seems that the speculators placed their orders 2002/2003 and are ahead of us in the queue.

I'm keeping mine - at least until the V10 arrives !

·
Registered
33 Posts
Seven cars, ranging from '£76k+ VAT' to £109,950 for 'the first in the UK' - a red car - I'm sure I saw a post about that earlier - Manchester I think.
I notice that Listers Audi (Coventry) are selling one for £105,995. They must have bought it back from a customer - I'm sure they're not able to charge over list otherwise.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Correct. Listers are not permitted to charge over list for a new car, but they can charge what they like for a used one !

My dealer will gladly buy cars for a premium, since he has a 2 year waiting list and loads of customers. I think most dealers would buy at present due to the hype and the demand.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Correct. Listers are not permitted to charge over list for a new car, but they can charge what they like for a used one !

My dealer will gladly buy cars for a premium, since he has a 2 year waiting list and loads of customers. I think most dealers would buy at present due to the hype and the demand.
wrong mate iwas getting a 911 turbo but i bought my r8 near enough spec to what i ordered but was delayed till next year cost me 10 over list and i can honestly say best money ever spent mine was brand new unregistered im the first owner on log book it was listers worcester though any one gone to the redline ten of the best show at york sunday just gone might of seen me.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Fabulous. Hope you enjoy it !!!!

BUT, it must have been ordered by somebody 3 years ago, who then had Listers sell it on their behalf (unregistered).......................

1 - 12 of 12 Posts