Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
6,111 Posts
As an US owner with a VIN, you can reach out to [email protected] and ask them for the specific number of cars built like yours.

I expect it will be very low as Estoril Blue was not a common color. There were 222 2014 V10 Spyders with S-Tronic sold in the calendar year (again, not the same as production numbers, but as close as we have). Prior statistical analysis suggest there may be around 6.3% in blue - which would mean around 14 in that pool of 222. But I'd say the blue over silver interior versus black may be even less common... so I'm guessing it's a very small number.

As I said, reach out to Audi and provide them with the VIN... let us know what you find out!

· Premium Member
6,111 Posts
Thanks very much ezmaass! Great information & I'll certainly let you know what I find out. The mechanic that works on my car thinks it's like 2 or 3. Hopefully we'll see soon. Thanks again, really appreciate it.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's 2 or 3... I expect most of the blue ones were probably spec'd over black interior vs. silver/gray. It's a very nice looking combination!

· Premium Member
6,111 Posts
I do have complete breakdowns for 2015, but unfortunately that's the only Gen-1 year I was able to get done.
If you have 2015 numbers, I'd be interested to see how they compare with the sales numbers. What system are you using to look at registrations? I would have thought this would be state by state...

· Premium Member
6,111 Posts
Thanks for sharing what you found out - that's rare indeed!

The Gen-1 R8 had such a rich variety of shapes and sizes, from engine (V8, V10), to transmission (R, S, 6MT), to body style (coupe /spyder), etc. Then when you start factoring in colors, things get really, really slim very quickly with regard to production numbers. For those with non-monochrome colors (blue, red, orange, brown), which were already sold in tiny numbers, it's very likely that many of these cars are simply 1 of 1 when accounting for their options.

This is why I've said before - if you're in the market to buy, and you're picky about your colors, no less options, then it's a good idea to get aggressive IF you see that car come to market... since there's a decent possibility it may be the only one you see like it for a long time (or ever). Black, gray, and white - far more exist... but still, when factoring in the options, they're still going to be very unique and have small numbers with matching configurations.

Reactions: Dynamite17

· Premium Member
6,111 Posts
@GroupB Super useful and great info on the 2015's. Very interesting!

You mention photos - did the original data include factory photos?

Going through the list, you can see just how few cars there are in total... and many of the configurations are different enough that these turn into 1 of 1 cars in many instances.

Reactions: GroupB
1 - 5 of 5 Posts