Audi R8 Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Audi R8 Dynamite Red
33 Posts
These numbers match what I have through my own research, but it should be noted that they only apply to the V10 Coupe, not the total production.
The 2 Dynamite/Rotor cars were both sold in Texas - 901067 went to Audi Plano and 905106 went to Audi Dallas.
Thank you, Good to know! Mine was the one that went to Audi Plano. So are you saying that there could be other 2017 Dynamite/Rotor Plus, Spyders or RWS's?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you, Good to know! Mine was the one that went to Audi Plano. So are you saying that there could be other 2017 Dynamite/Rotor Plus, Spyders or RWS's?
Other 2017 Dynamite/Rotor numbers:
V10 Spyder - 1 (there were only 2 Dynamite of any kind as the Spyder was a late addition)
V10 Plus Coupe - 2 (1 PL8, 1 7HD)
RWS - not introduced until MY 2018

·
Registered
33 Posts
Other 2017 Dynamite/Rotor numbers:
V10 Spyder - 1 (there were only 2 Dynamite of any kind as the Spyder was a late addition)
V10 Plus Coupe - 2 (1 PL8, 1 7HD)
RWS - not introduced until MY 2018
Wow, thank you so much! So 5 total. Have you posted all your research and knowledge somewhere on this site? It would be an awesome addition!

Reactions: GroupB

·
Registered
33 Posts
It's not up anywhere yet, but I could try and get it into some sort of useable form to post here.
That would be awesome! I'm sure many others here would be very interested.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thanks very much ezmaass! Great information & I'll certainly let you know what I find out. The mechanic that works on my car thinks it's like 2 or 3. Hopefully we'll see soon. Thanks again, really appreciate it.
Got a reply from AudiTalk... see below >
Looks like ezmaass & my mechanic were right... Estoril Blue Crystal Effect is very rare indeed. Only 10 sold in the U.S. And combined w/ Lunar Silver interior, only 2. I remember a commenter on BaT said, "Estoril Blue is super rare and was also only available for a very limited time due to the difficulty getting the pigments."

Thanks again for the help ezmaass and everybody else. Much appreciated!

Thank you again for your interest in the sales numbers for the 2014 Audi R8 that we discussed. I have also included information about similar R8s of that model year sold in the U.S. While we cannot determine sales numbers for vehicles with similar packages and options, I hope you find the information that I am able to provide useful.

Our records reflect the following sales numbers for 2014 R8 models built for the U.S. market:
  • 222 - 2014 Audi 5.2 SPYDER 2-DR AUTO models sold in the U.S.
  • 10 - 2014 Audi 5.2 SPYDER 2-DR AUTO models with the
    Estoril Blue, crystal effect exterior sold in the U.S.
  • 2 - 2014 Audi 5.2 SPYDER 2-DR AUTO models with the Estoril Blue, crystal effect exterior and lunar silver interior sold in the U.S.
If you have any other questions or require further assistance, you may reply to this email or contact me via phone at +1 800 822 2834. After listening to the Audi greeting, select prompt 9, and enter in my extension to speak with me directly. If I am not available, please leave a voicemail and I will follow up with you at my earliest opportunity.

Best regards,

Chloe W.
Customer Advocate, Audi CXC

To provide you with the best service possible, it’s important that you respond to us by replying to this email. Replying outside of this email will result in a delayed response. Thank you for contacting the Audi Customer Experience Center.

Audi of America, Inc.
Customer Experience Center
3800 Hamlin Road
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
United States of America
Tel. +1 800 822 2834
Select Prompt 9 – Ext 43478
Fax. +1 248 754 6521
[email protected]
http://www.audiusa.com

·
Premium Member
6,009 Posts
Thanks for sharing what you found out - that's rare indeed!

The Gen-1 R8 had such a rich variety of shapes and sizes, from engine (V8, V10), to transmission (R, S, 6MT), to body style (coupe /spyder), etc. Then when you start factoring in colors, things get really, really slim very quickly with regard to production numbers. For those with non-monochrome colors (blue, red, orange, brown), which were already sold in tiny numbers, it's very likely that many of these cars are simply 1 of 1 when accounting for their options.

This is why I've said before - if you're in the market to buy, and you're picky about your colors, no less options, then it's a good idea to get aggressive IF you see that car come to market... since there's a decent possibility it may be the only one you see like it for a long time (or ever). Black, gray, and white - far more exist... but still, when factoring in the options, they're still going to be very unique and have small numbers with matching configurations.

Reactions: Dynamite17

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here is my file for the 2015 R8s that were sent to the USA. To the best of my knowledge it's complete, although it's always possible that new info comes to light down the road.

A few things to know about 2015:
--During the year, there was a plant change from the main line at Neckarsulm to the dedicated facility at Heilbronn still in use today. This occurred between VINs 000715 (a US car) and 000716 (an EU car)
--There were also a couple color changes during the year. Florett Silver replaced Ice Silver and Mythos Black replaced Phantom Black. This led to some cars in these colors being classified as Audi Exclusive if they were ordered outside the window when the color was a standard choice.
--Documenting Audi Exclusive interiors is a black art. The info provided in some cases may be incomplete or even inaccurate. If a car doesn't have photographs, you are at the mercy of whatever skecthy information was provided by AoA at the time.
--Some cars that were picked up through the European Delivery Program may say USA delivery because that info is not consistently available.
--The entire VIN list of Canadian cars is also included, but unfortunately there are zero details other than that.

Finally, a big thank you goes to RNLabas for providing much of the info on the Audi Exclusive colors.

Here's the link:
R8 2015 (2022-10-31).xlsx

·
Premium Member
6,009 Posts
@GroupB Super useful and great info on the 2015's. Very interesting!

You mention photos - did the original data include factory photos?

Going through the list, you can see just how few cars there are in total... and many of the configurations are different enough that these turn into 1 of 1 cars in many instances.

Reactions: GroupB

·
Registered
13 Posts
@GroupB
You mention photos - did the original data include factory photos?
Unfortunately, the only pics I have of 2015 Audi Exclusive R8s are from when they pop up as used cars, and by now some of those are modded heavily. Others have yet to surface at all and are still with their original owners. I was late to the 1st-gen party, otherwise I would have collected dealer photographs from brand-new listings...but even then most AE cars are pre-sold and don't get photos.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts