Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I was just wondering how old you guys are? Most R8 owners seem to be in the mid-age to older, I was wondering if there are any young guys?

Don't answer if "ur dad owns 1", I want to know R8 owners' age.

I am 27 ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I newly consider to buy a new R8, but still could not be able to consider about some features, the price in Turkiye(Turkey) is really high because of taxes about nearly 200K euros and adding a new feature costs a lot, and I ask do I need to add B&O Sound system is it differs a lot from stock sound system.. I am 23 anyway.. ;) may be a little bit out of this topic sorry.
Metehan KAVUK
www.kavuklar.com.tr
www.ka-style.com

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What a coincidence. I am also from Turkey, well sort of. I was born there. I lived in Europe (Belgium), Canada (Montreal) and now the US (Boston).

In regards to the B&O sound system, yes it is very different than the regular sound system. Do get it!

The other packages/options that I do recommend to get are :

- premium package (should be included and not charged)
- enhanced leather package (looks much nicer than normal)
- navigation plus (not sure if it matters in Turkey)
- carbon fiber engine compartments (looks pro and modern)
- black alcantara headliner (looks sleak)

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since most of you R8 owners make a big deal about age, I closed this thread.

Stay young :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys,

Im not far of from turkey. Just below you (Cyprus):) I would also reccomend that you get the magnetic ride. its great when you are on twisty B roads and also if you take out on the track its great to. By the way Im 29:)))

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't know the magnetic ride was an option. It's standard here in the USA.

·
Registered
9 Posts
mgntc ride is a must is not it, because nearly all r8s I am looking forward to buy includes this...

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm 58 but feel like 18 in the R8 :)

Until I try to get out of it :(

Oh well , I'll just have to stay in it all the time ;)

·
Registered
190 Posts
40 years young.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
:)HOVY :),my 14 year old son says you are old! My 14 yr old wants to race you too. He is a champ at Speed Zone but excells at drag racing.He launches our R 8 really well. What matters is how old is your R 8.I could care less how old you are. Where the R 8 lives is also important.I could care less where you live.Just because you have nice toys at an early age does'nt make you any better.My son can say he owns an R8 and he is MUCH younger .Take care !!! If you want to fly like an eagle you don't hang with turkeys or penguins.:)

·
Registered
482 Posts
I feel better now, I thought I am the only one here could not get my ass out of the car easily. ; D
you're not alone

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
:)HOVY :),my 14 year old son says you are old! My 14 yr old wants to race you too. He is a champ at Speed Zone but excells at drag racing.He launches our R 8 really well. What matters is how old is your R 8.I could care less how old you are. Where the R 8 lives is also important.I could care less where you live.Just because you have nice toys at an early age does'nt make you any better.My son can say he owns an R8 and he is MUCH younger .Take care !!! If you want to fly like an eagle you don't hang with turkeys or penguins.:)

heuh? okayyy ... whatever makes you and ur silly son happy sir ... and btw, i have nice toys bc i worked for it ... my father, who is not rich, gave me 100K$ that i turned into millions ...

I can also see how of a responsible father you are: to let your 14 year old launch an R8 ... I never mentioned race or drag either ... nor do I get the whole "if you want to fly like an eagle" but anyway as I said: whatever makes you and your son happy

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Just ignore Harrison, his posts rarely make sense, and when they do, it's rarely worth bothering yourself over. I sense a little jealousy there anywho

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
you're not alone
I used to joke that if you were to ever take this thing to events like Tony Stark did, you'd need a course in gracefully exiting the vehicle.

My trick is that I have the seat relatively high up, open the door fully, and use the steering wheel for the initial *OOMPH*

1 - 20 of 65 Posts