Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im 6'3 inches long torso 250-260lbs. How tall are you guys ? what year cars ? Its R8 or 911 Turbo

·
Registered
331 Posts
6' tall 165 lbs, slender athletic build, brown eyes with slim thigh... But you didn't ask all that.. lol I've had both 911 and now R8 and haven't had any issues fitting into either. You're taller and bigger so i guess this doesn't apply.. hehe

·
Registered
288 Posts
not tall but extremely wide shouldered. If you're driving by yourself a 911 is fine if you're in the car with someone else with wide shoulders it might feel a little cramped. The R8 definitely has more shoulder room. If you're with a girl 911 I guess

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm 6' and my R8 Spyder is tight for leg room especially left leg on the dead pedal. Probably better for the automatic without a clutch in the way. Gotta duck to see overhead traffic lights as well.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
6'4" 170#. R8 coupe is a poor fit - pedals are too close - my right knee is at a right-angle. I love the car so I put up with it. 911 driving position is much better.

·
Registered
184 Posts
190 cm/128 kg. I have some difficulties to get in and out, some kind of Houdini act! :D
However once I am seated I start smiing and listen to the magnificent sound of the V10 and forget everything else.

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
I’m 6’4” and 235lbs, and fit fine in the R8.
Plenty of room.

Likely couldn’t wear a helmet in there without swapping low seat base/racing seat. But for street use, I’m good.

I have Gen1 coupe.

Now, I sat in a Gen2 Spyder... not even close to enough leg room. Couldn’t drive that car if I tried.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Gen2 coupe, 6'3" and about 225/230lbs with super wide shoulders. Fit ok with the stock seats, fit much better when I took them out and replace them with non-sliding racing buckets.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I’m 6’4” and 235lbs, and fit fine in the R8.
Plenty of room.

Likely couldn’t wear a helmet in there without swapping low seat base/racing seat. But for street use, I’m good.

I have Gen1 coupe.
Similar stats (6'3", 230, wide shoulders, longish torso), similar experience. Plenty comfortable on the road, not sure I could wear a helmet without a racing seat/lowered seat.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts