Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
6'4" 220lbs medium torso. I have no problem with headroom even with a helmet on. Legroom is good but I have to keep the seat back a good bit. My old 997 Turbo was tight on the shoulder width when I had buddies in the car. With the misses it was fine.

·
Registered
337 Posts
5'6"/180lbs no issues. My son is 6'3" and 215lbs and fits but agrees it is tight. You might need the Gurney Bump in the roof - reminiscent of the 66 Ford GT cars. :)

·
Registered
585 Posts
6' / 225. Fit great in my coupes and fit in Spyder good as well with seat all the way back.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Gen2 coupe, 6'3" and about 225/230lbs with super wide shoulders. Fit ok with the stock seats, fit much better when I took them out and replace them with non-sliding racing buckets.

what seats, Thats what I wanted to hear, can we see a picture ??

·
Registered
138 Posts
The more important question is your sitting height versus leg length.

I pulled this info a long time ago for the GT and Competition which I felt best applied to me since I was considering a GT/Competition (even though I would up purchasing and V10+)

The interior spec for the GT and Competition are almost identical:
INTERIOR
Front head room
38 "
Front shoulder room
54 " (GT) 55” (COMP)
Front leg room
41.1 "

If you have a long torso, but shorter legs - leg room shouldn't be a problem.

I am almost 6'4" and 215 my sitting height is 37" so . . . I can fit in okay with the scantest amount of headroom and plenty of leg room for me. I have found that my eye level is a little below the top of the front windshield - so I do have to duck my head down a little bit for some intersections if I am the first car waiting on lights. I think if I was maybe a couple of inches shorter in my seating height or have the GT bucket seats that were OEM with cars in Europe I might be in a better seating position - but the car might be a little harder to get in and out of. So there is a little bit off a trade-off there. The fit of the seats is also going to be a concern - if you have a big butt, the R8 may not be for you. I am a trim 215 so the fit is fine for me. But, I also avoid wearing a wallet in my back pants pockets - I put my wallet in the center console - it make a noticeable difference in seating comfort for longer trips and it ensures my seating height is not elevated by my wallet since headroom is already kind tight.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Im 6'3 inches long torso 250-260lbs. How tall are you guys ? what year cars ? Its R8 or 911 Turbo
I'm 7'2, 375 lbs and have a build similar to The Rock, but larger.

I fit in the car no problem, and even have room to wear a helmet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is interesting. All the 6'4" people saying not enough leg room but fine for head height. I'm 6'1" and fine for legroom but find head height a real issue. If I'm on circuit with a helmet it's in constant contact with the roof, annoyingly.

I must have a weirdly long torso...

·
Registered
804 Posts
192cm tall, wide shoulders and 105kg...OEM seat too high and you sit on and not in the car.

very simple solution...put in a recaro speedster with the A3 Recaro console and you sit 6cm lower....

with my lotus motorsport seats (complete/all in with adapter /console 10,6kg :)) I am even 9cm lower and finally sit in the car and not on it.
With that -9cm lower with 192cm tall I have no problem to fit in with a FIA approved racing helmet.
On OEM seats i fit tight but ok. But it is not possible to wear a racing helmet properly without lying in the car instead of sitting. 911 is tighter but a bit higher in OEM version, with Recaro height in r8 is similar to 911 in stock.

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
I'm 6'3" and around 225 lbs - no problem fitting in the R8. In fact, the seat can go back further. That said, I'm also pretty well proportioned between legs and torso. If you have much more length in your legs than torso, you may have an issue, especially with the spyder (slightly less seat travel).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Im 6'3 inches long torso 250-260lbs. How tall are you guys ? what year cars ? Its R8 or 911 Turbo
I'm 6'2", 185 lbs, and I've had both cars. No problem in either. Although when tracking the Porsche it was a bit tight with a helmet.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Hi, maybe a bit late for this thread but I'm 6'4" 250lbs (115kg - I converted for you) and I fit into my 2008 R8 no problems at all. My shoulders are broad. Seat is right down but not all the way back and steering wheel is out and down a little. I'd be uncomfortable if my butt was any bigger and my torso certainly feels the padding on the seats. If I lost 20 lbs it would be a perfect fit I feel. I haven't tried wearing a helmet but I think it would slightly touch and bother me. All the best

21 - 36 of 36 Posts