Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 R8 (Farewell Edition)
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you tell me how to clean both in the inside and outside of the exhaust tips?

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I use chrome polish,mostly elbo grease too,careful not to rub the paint!!:)

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Can you tell me how to clean both in the inside and outside of the exhaust tips?
For the inside use steel breaded brush and for the edge for the exterior as Harrison described chrome polish

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
MTM do a mean looking set of black exhaust tips, not sure how many times you would have to NOT clean your chrome exhausts to get payback though... On an Ibis White car they look very cool.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
If GEFFERS actually cleans the insides he is even cleaner than me!! I never drive with windows open!!:D

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I pay a detailer to do mine, much easier, polish......elbow grease!!!!!!!! life is for living not cleaning (womans work):)

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Getting the tips in black would mean less cleaning hassle for the detailers.There isn't much chrome on the back-end to begin with,Emblems and maybe the liscense frame .Hmmmm... every thing in black chrome ...?? Naw. :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
I agree. No point to clean the exhaust interior.
noooo man, i don't agree with this... i am so anal about detailing, i always notice dirty pipes, it really doesn't take that long to do, if they are real bad, prob half hour and they will come up like mirrors. if a car is cleaned, it's supposed to be clean! and when the pipes are shining, it's so easy to stay on top of it, i just give them wipe through with a damp cloth every 5 dyas or so while the pipes are still hot - comes straight off!

when you can get results like these of my M3, then i'm sure you'll agree they need to be done!!

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Vida definitely has more room to work with on this BEEMER's tips !! The R8 tips clean up really well too, its just a tighter fit around tips and bumper panels. Polished on the outside and black insides works for me.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts