Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am expecting delivery of my R8 in March 09 and am a little worried about how the impending releases of the V10 at the second quarter of 09 will affect used prices of the V8? Any thoughts!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I reckon the V10 won't effect the V8 values that much. It will be about £30K more in the UK. I think that takes it into another area of the market. I think the V8 will still be very desirable and is still a rarity. Demand will still outstrip supply, so prices should hold up.(he said hopefully);)

·
Registered
163 Posts
It will be interesting to see,prices are getting weaker here in the uk on the manuals :( and we have a serious economic crisis looming ...with increased petrol prices,and an interest rate rise looming 2nd hand values of all big engined cars are set to plummet.You can now find used manuals 3-4k below list whereas a few months back they were 5k over list.

·
Registered
943 Posts
It will be interesting to see,prices are getting weaker here in the uk on the manuals :( and we have a serious economic crisis looming ...with increased petrol prices,and an interest rate rise looming 2nd hand values of all big engined cars are set to plummet.You can now find used manuals 3-4k below list whereas a few months back they were 5k over list.
They are still doing 20-30K over sticker here.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I doubt it will affect it much. As wedouglas says it is the C4S to the Turbo. quite a big price jump and therefor different market

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
I'm not so sure on that - I imagine a lot of people chose the r8 because it was the best of the available options moreso than just on price. For many of them, the v10 may well be preferential to the v8 irrespective of that extra bump.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I'm not so sure on that - I imagine a lot of people chose the r8 because it was the best of the available options moreso than just on price. For many of them, the v10 may well be preferential to the v8 irrespective of that extra bump.
This is possible, but I still don't think the R8 is in the price range of "money is no object." At $140K, you aren't quite in the exotic pricing really. There is a significant difference still between $140K and $180K, because then you are knocking at F430 and Gallardo doors.

Regardless, don't buy exotic cars if you are worried about depreciation. That's not to say that you should just throw money away, but plan on losing money.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
because then you are knocking at F430 and Gallardo doors.
I can only speak personally, but price wasn't what ruled those 2 out for me.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The V10 will have one major effect, that there will be more used R8s with some miles out there for sale, as those early adopters with $ will dump theirs in favor of the V10. Many folks wanting one will jump on those vs waiting in line for a new one. I still think those used ones will still sell near or over sticker price

1 - 14 of 14 Posts