Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in case any of you Southern California guys are interested.

I'll be there to checkout all their wheels and you can see my V10 Sideblade intake mesh live in person :) .

I'm not in the show (don't have a show car) and I'll be wearing a BLACKTOP MODS T-shirt and probably an Army green baseball cap.

If you want to have a look at my install, just walk up and say hi.

Reactions: Blade Gunner

·
Registered
2010 R8 V-10 R-tronic
562 Posts
Sounds like a fun event - wish it was within driving distance!

Reactions: ExpertRanch

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I'm also hitting up the South OC Cars & Coffee THIS weekend... the 11th. Best So. Cal car show in my opinion. Also centrally located between LA and San Diego. Has Supercars, Old Cars, Rice Burners, even Motorcycles (not a lot, but still)... and it's at a mall with food and shopping and the bathrooms are nice (I know, small detail, but a nice surprise).

Meet cool people there every time.

If you want to put your R8 in the show (it's not like SEMA, any R8 will get in and no charge) gotta be there by 8:30 as the prime supercar spots fill up fast. Lots of McLarens, Lambos, Ferrari's, C8's, Last time even saw the Mazeratti MC20 (yeah that's me in the video walking by the MilesPerHr guy).. ha haha

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't let this die So. Cal. R8'ers!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree, it's so hard to get subtleties online. Jerry Seinfeld probably stays away form online communication :cool:

·
Registered
14 R8 V8
235 Posts
ER.
Thanks for the info.
It'll be good to be back there after 2 year hiatus.
Since I live in Visata, I'll probably be there on this....................
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ER.
Thanks for the info.
It'll be good to be back there after 2 year hiatus.
Since I live in Vista, I'll probably be there on this....................
Cool, shout out to me if you see me. It's from 9 am to 2pm, but I don't imagine I'll be there for 5 hours! I'll probably roll in around 9 am and would say at most 2 hours and that only if I'm talking to interesting people! ha hahahah

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just bumping this since it's tomorrow :cool:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bump

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
last bump

·
Registered
14 R8 V8
235 Posts
this iteration was a bit of a bust.
maybe 40 - 45% of turnout as compared with 2019.
some interesting cars, but very little that was truly special (the metallic sky blue mclaren was an exception.
at least there was no annoying DJ / matt farah booming over the loudspeakers.
sorry i missed you.
I arrived @ 6, parked on the street, went for a ride until 11. Came back to find my car had been "sprinklered" and has dried water spots on it now.
head palm.

Be well.

Craig

Reactions: ExpertRanch

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
this iteration was a bit of a bust.
maybe 40 - 45% of turnout as compared with 2019.
some interesting cars, but very little that was truly special (the metallic sky blue mclaren was an exception.
at least there was no annoying DJ / matt farah booming over the loudspeakers.
sorry i missed you.
I arrived @ 6, parked on the street, went for a ride until 11. Came back to find my car had been "sprinklered" and has dried water spots on it now.
head palm.

Be well.

Craig
Wow.... Different perspective.... everyone I talked to (industry wise) said it was huge compared to two years ago. Interesting. I actually loved it except for the part where the Sherriff's lights flipped on after I blipped it down the street on the way out! He didn't ticket me (though I deserved it) but we had a lengthy conversation pre- blip on the inside of the show ...I even got his card to give to my son who's getting out of the Army soon and want's to be a deputy. Super embarrassing on my part. But I didn't get a ticket, I'm not sure I was even speeding. I was frustrated because I was parked near the entrance and there were so many cars and people and no one would let me leave (not your normal car guy etiquette).. so when I finally got a chance and when I finally got by the swarm of humanity, I blipped it (my exhaust sound awesome), but i only blipped it for about 50 yards and got completely off, then noticed a silhouette of a Sherriff's SUV, hoped, but then the lights lit up and he blocked the road. He saw that it was me (with my wife) and drove by and said, "slow it down"... I was at once relived and embarrassed.

If you guys want to check out some videos of the HRE Open House,

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's cool. We all have different perspectives.
I live in Vista and attended 5 or 6 open houses from 2013 forward.
I base my opinions on what I experienced.

Cheers
So next year it should be even better? That will be very cool! I will register next time thought, so I can park closer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts