Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 R8 V10 Spyder (gated) FLORIDA owner. Vehicle has ~17K miles. (Id drive her more but travel a lot) Still enjoy her but she’s gettin a bit older. Here’s my quandary, my local sales guy orders a 2020 Performance Spyder (Kemora) last year and it’s finally hit the port. Starting to question whether I should wait for next gen (electric) or not. Accepting ANY and ALL feedback.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Keep the car if money is not a issue.
You wont get much $$$ .
I have 11 v10 gated also...car sits but who cares.
When i am in the mood i drive.
Buyer offered me 115 few weeks ago ...I didn’t sell.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lmao. Money’s always an issue brother 😉 Would end up selling mine Thanks for the feedback still on the fence here. The new Performance Spyder is supposed to be pretty sweet it wondering if it’s THAT much sweeter than what I have?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And then there’s the leaps and bounds with electric technology. $225K (pre trade/sell)is a big investment for me

·
Premium Member
3,888 Posts
I'd keep your Gen-1 R8.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
The Gen 2 car is lots faster but lots less fun unless fast is all you want. Your 6MT is unique in the world of cars - a lot of folks have tried to make a great gated shifter - only ONE has succeeded and you have it. If you're realistic then you are aware that almost any young guy is gonna whip your a$$ driving everything including your own car - fast is NOT always fun, but shifting that shifter is - there are never going to be any more - If bragging is what you want, go for the Gen 2, if driving fun is what you want, you already have it - enjoy it...

·
Registered
46 Posts
And Gen-1’s are organically fitted with millenial (and younger) anti-theft devices - gated or R-Tronic!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
My Gen 1 S-tronic V10 Spyder (update) is all that I want and need. I don't like the edged design of the Gen 2 and stick with analoge gauges. Gen 2 is quicker which may be important on the circuit but less on the road when used as a daily or frequent driver.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
General consensus appears to be stay pat with Gen1. Appreciate all the gR8 feedback. That gated transmission is about as sweet as it gets for sure. Will update after I see the new Performance droptop when it gets off the boat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
General consensus appears to be stay pat with Gen1. Appreciate all the gR8 feedback. That gated transmission is about as sweet as it gets for sure. Will update after I see the new Performance droptop when it gets off the boat.
Keep it. It's a unique drivers car that will likely never again reproduced (i.e. Mid engine, AWD, 6sp manual, 5.2L v10). I think you'll have more regrets selling than not.

·
Registered
459 Posts
And Gen-1’s are organically fitted with millenial (and younger) anti-theft devices - gated or R-Tronic!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You wouldn't be talking about a "real" key, would you? I either need more coffee or am showing my age. Gen 1 fan here, keep it!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Well, I think that would be the second level of anti-theft device. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Follow up :So I got a call and it’s a the dealership (I’m out of town for work) she looks pretty sweet but all your posts have me questioning whether I want to lose my MT. Here’s a couple pics (not sure why trunk is open for prep?). Gonna be a hard choice

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,888 Posts
I think you'd regret it - no dealerships were calling people asking if they wanted a Gen-1 R8 when they first hit the showrooms. The first year of production was sold out in a week. That's a special car. :)

·
Registered
774 Posts
loved my gen1, v10, 6 speed that I modded just how I wanted (VF s.c., spacers, carbon steering wheel, wheels, springs, exhaust, sprintbooster, seat belts...)but got a hassle free and very fair offer out of nowhere and sold it
replaced it with something different that I am equally happy with
most likely will get another R8 and while I do prefer the Gen1 in a manual I will most likely go with a Gen2 convertible to mix things up
I like speed in this type of car and it's tough to pass on a Gen2 that stock is faster then my sc gen1 was

1 - 20 of 22 Posts