Audi R8 Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
'20 Kemora Gray R8 Performance
227 Posts
We’re all very blessed to have cool toys and a good life in general. Death is the ultimate equalizer and reminds us all that no one is really better than the next dude/dudette - “…all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights….”. Okay, enough of the touchy-feely stuff.:D
In regards to OP’s question, R8 convertible has less leg room than the coupe. The left foot rest area in both are less than ideal and I think that there’s a thread on here to remedy this issue. I haven’t owned or driven the Hurcan (looked inside of one) since it’s not my cup of tea. In high school, many moons ago, I had a poster of a Countach; it was the center piece on my wall. I told myself, “some day…”. I digress. A Lambo is one of those vehicles where if I had Jay Leno’s garage and unlimited funds, I’d think about owning one. If I had the $$$, I would buy a 7 figure Ferrari but I’d have to win the Mega Millions first.
The Huracan is definitely an eye catcher, posses a more exotic look, has slightly better performance, etc. At the end of the day, it’s a matter of personal taste and preference. At this price range, what’s another $80-90K?! Life is short. When I asked this same question on Rennlist, most people voted for the Huracan. I guess I’m weird. Yeah, hand me that GAP hoodie!:LOL: First world problems.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I’ve seen a number of times people comparing the two models. Actual people who have or have had both. But as much as I like the gen 1 R8, it’s the wrong comparison - sorry.
R8 gen 1 against Gallardo
R8 gen 2 against Huracan

A big turn off for me buying a gen 1 was the interior was far to similar to my girlfriends A5 tdi. The gen 2 is so much better that way.

Some time in the future I’ll likely be lucky enough to have the money to get a performate or evo. I’m not sure I’ll be able to justify paying a little over twice the price as much as I love them. I may have to go more different with a 488 spyder perhaps. Not sure id be prepared to let my gen 2 go.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I looked at both. Fell in love w an Audi exclusive gen 2 R8. Huracans are nice too, but they don’t have the signature “lambo doors” so I’m not overly impressed. Just my view on it.

When I can’t decide between two choices I flip a coin. If I’m excited for the outcome- cool. If I’m like “ah man I really wished it was the other outcome…” that tells me exactly what I want deep down, and go for it. Happy motoring !

·
Registered
35 Posts
h ahh ahha, I love that so many of us are not posers. Nothing wrong with a suit, wore them many years for work, when I was younger and worked for others. I've worked for myself since 2000 and never looked back. Once you work for yourself, it is almost impossible to work for someone else, unless you are of one mind. There are a few people I know I would work for or with, but it's not many.

I tell my 17 yr old this all the time. I always tell him, "I'd worry more about your character than your suit or clothing" as he is always wanting to "look" successful. Which is ok, but I've just seen too many posers in my time. We just bought him his first real suit... he looks fantastic, but it's all fluff. Character is detected as soon as you open your mouth and speak (or if often enough, when you write - writing takes longer because it's missing the other 90% of non-verbal communication).
Dude. Perfect. THAT is the real deal. Love it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Cars are very similar but if you’re tall…Huracan has way more leg room. R8 driver seat doesn’t go all the way back to the firewall for some reason, the passenger seat does though, weird…. R8 has better visibility, more useable ground clearance, and more compliant suspension. R8 also has snow mode if you drive in snow, Huracan doesn’t. In the canyons, it would take an exceptionally skilled driver In a Huracan to pull away from an R8. There’s just not enough difference. Unless they’re in a Performante. But I have zero problems hanging with GT3RS’s and Huracans in the twistys. On a buttery smooth track it would be different. R8 would definitely have a disadvantage, but on bumpy public roads no disadvantage what so ever.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts