Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so my brand new 09 R8 ice silver/carbon manual has arrived last thursday. Well it is the first of its kind in Israel so my Audi sales rep said it will take a couple of days to get it ready i have been waiting for a week now I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
I really don't think there is that much to do but unwrap it, inspect it and detail it. Did you observe the mileage when it was received? Sounds like they just want to drive it around a while before giving it to you. There have been reports of this.

·
Registered
193 Posts
If you're a sabra, you know how to deal with this. If not, pm me.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Ok, so my brand new 09 R8 ice silver/carbon manual has arrived last thursday. Well it is the first of its kind in Israel so my Audi sales rep said it will take a couple of days to get it ready i have been waiting for a week now I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE.
It took my dealer 4 hours from unloading the truck to having the car ready!

·
Registered
40 Posts
My cars been at the dealer for 2 days and I'm still waiting on it to be "thorougly inspected" by their master mechanic to make sure nothing went wrong with it during shipment. I too am a nervous wreck right now, just give me my car!!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Problem is (or so they say) that because its the first of its kind here the people from the goverment transport department need to give it the all clear and they are taking their time. BTW i did check the meter...

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've been driving it for a few days.....thanks....it's good to go!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok been almost 2 weeks now. They called yesterday saying its ready BUT there is a flat tire. Guess what they need to fly one from germany as of course they dont have one here. It should get here tom morning (so they say) im flying to the UK for 2 weeks on thirsday if i don't get it tom i will lose my mind. i am not making this up!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
It took about a week to get mine ready as well. One of the struts had a failure reading and I had to wait for them to ship in the part from Germany till I could pick 'er up. The part itself didnt take long to fly in, it was on backorder so I had to wait for them to finish it.

If your part is on the plane now, I don't see it taking too long. BTW the R8 comes with Pierlli tires, yes? Theres no other tire shops in your area that carry those tires?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts