Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I guess it's my turn to get screwed by Audi. Today I got the dreaded email from Audi. Delivery of my R8 was pushed from Q3 2007 to Q4 2007 and NOW....Wait for it.................End of Q1 2008!!!!! :mad:

Yes, gotta love that Audi customer service. I am soooo pissed off!!! I don't know what to do?

This R8 roller coaster ride is really testing my patience. Should I wait OR cancel? I wanted a car this year. Should I buy the 997 Turbo?

Any ideas???

·
Registered
617 Posts
Yes, I guess it's my turn to get screwed by Audi. Today I got the dreaded email from Audi. Delivery of my R8 was pushed from Q3 2007 to Q4 2007 and NOW....Wait for it.................End of Q1 2008!!!!! :mad:

Yes, gotta love that Audi customer service. I am soooo pissed off!!! I don't know what to do?

This R8 roller coaster ride is really testing my patience. Should I wait OR cancel? I wanted a car this year. Should I buy the 997 Turbo?

Any ideas???
First, put it into perspective - has all the Oz deliveries gone back? Will you still have on of the first cars in Oz? If the answer is yes, it will still be worth the wait. If the answer is no, it's a tough call - personally I have waited four and half years for mine, another six months won't kill me.

Alternativley buy the 997 turbo, run it for six months - get back what you paid for it and still have the R8. Everybody wins !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The overiding factor is that the R8 is still something special and to be one of the first owners will always give an imense amount of joy.

·
Registered
90 Posts

Any ideas???
you should buy a clk63 black series and blow the doors off of every R8 that crosses your path. that is what i did after audi screwed me...

·
Registered
22 Posts
You paid 140 grand for clk63 black series ?

I would much rather be seen driving around in a black Gallardo Lamborghini for that kind of money. Even if its a second hand..

·
Registered
647 Posts
997 Turbo(specially in manual version with optional LSD) is an awsome car IMHO. Much, much better then Mercedes CLK63 Black Edition, again IMO.

If you can not get R8 there are many alternatives...
For manual buyers:
AM V8 Vantage
BMW M3
Porsche 997 Turbo

For R-Tronic buyers:
BMW M6

Vette Z06 is awsome car for the money...

For R-Tronic buyers

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, thanks for all the help... So far, the dealer reckons they can Air Freight the car to me, which means I should get it just before New Year, December 27th 2007, BUT it will cost me AU$25000 to do it.

So, I think I might just wait.... :( I'm in love with the **** thing...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts