Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally took delivery of an '09 with CF blade. The car does lack a bit of "oomph" off the line, but is a very well rounded car. The car looks a lot faster than it actually seems, but we'll see once I break her in. I am loving the quality and fitment of the car. The gaps are minimal. Looks like Audi made a winner with the R8!

In the meantime, searching for a good lidar installer as well as a good shop to lower the car with H&R springs. Will probably take it out to the track 4-5 times a year. Any suggestions for the Palo Alto area?

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
bear in mind it only has some 420bhp which is a pretty big deficit against the m6 and gallardo and the m6 would walk away from the r8 in a straight line from a roll (at least until the m6's 155-ish limiter kicks in) but it's the handling and balance when things get twisty where the r8 really comes alive and it's a better real world package as a result imo.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How does the R8 compare to your Gallardo?
The G's engine sounds more aggressive naturally, but surprisingly the ride is very similar.

randombloke, absolutely correct. However, if I were to choose between the M6 or the R8 for a daily driver, the R8 wins hand down in the fun factor. Both are fair daily drivers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts