Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys
just wanted to say hello really , picked up my Silver R8 today :)
I live in Southend on Sea ,Essex,England.
I paid £5,000 over list price to jump that long Q .
Will post some photos/spec tomorrow .

Scott

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yep i`m very happy with the deal i got , here is the spec ! i paid £93,000.. Shes has just done 1,200 miles.
will post some more info tomorrow. its booked in to Audi on Fridays as i have a few problems already :(

Scott

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well there are a few ..
First off this is the worrying one .... i gave the old girl some gas and the engine compartment FILLED up with white Smoke .. i thought she had caught on fire ... also stunk the car out not good . the rear spolier got stuck up its now gone back down ... aslo when i try to use the voice control for the phone she tells me the phone book is empty , but its not it has 400 numbers in there.the sat nav seems to keep turning the voice volume to zero...
Lol and thats all in the first day ! I`m not too bothered i`m sure these things will get sorted on Friday when she goes in..
The looks people give you is just UN REAL , taking photos , videos ect.
My number plate is VIP DJ so the car just looks soooo FLASH .. ha ha i looove it....

·
Registered
274 Posts
you are taking the problems way better than i would!!
sure hope they get the problems ironed out soon...
a car that expensive should not have those problems (its not a lambo!!)
the smoke from the engine would bother me the most-

·
Registered
782 Posts
Well there are a few ..
First off this is the worrying one .... i gave the old girl some gas and the engine compartment FILLED up with white Smoke .. i thought she had caught on fire ... also stunk the car out not good . the rear spolier got stuck up its now gone back down ...
When I start my R8 for the first time on a day it will smoke alot. The factory just told me:

When you start your R8 the first time a day, there is in the first minute more oil in the exhaust to heat up the Katalysator. This is a normal process and will get less when the car gets more kilometres.

The spoiler got stuck? Maybe you pressed the button on the console? When you want it back down, you'll have to hold the button for 2 secs. Just pushing is not enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts