Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Rob,

Just find out what caused the fire - Audi must have done some investigations.
How many RS4's have gone up?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hi Rob, i saw the official letter from Audi , which has been send to dealers.
That's why i came up with this matter.

it is only a software update. I know 3 R8's which been called back or just didn't move a meter anymore because of this matter.
That's why I have asked the head of mechanics dept at Audi Lugano, if I should worry about my R8. His answer was NO and he has shown me the letter from Audi.

Best Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,

I've come accross your forums since there is a lot of negative buzz on these pictures of a burned R8.

I hope Audi will come up soon with an official statement since this is a really bad press for this supercar.

I had the chance to testdrive one of these cars on the Castellet race track a few monthes ago. All of the 8 test cars were equipped with egear and none of them burned despite being pushed hard :D

@Ti-Mike: I'll be sleeping in Lugano this week-end. Hope to see your car there. I'll be driving a Nogaro Blue S4 Avant with French plates ending with 13 ;)

·
Registered
718 Posts
I happened to be speaking to Audi UK today, regarding some technical points, and the subject of the fire came up.

I was told that this photo was taken some time ago, and that it was a pre-production car, and not a customer vehicle.

Probably time to close the rumour mill on this one.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
@Ti-Mike: I'll be sleeping in Lugano this week-end. Hope to see your car there. I'll be driving a Nogaro Blue S4 Avant with French plates ending with 13 ;)
If you are in Lugano on Friday we could meet or on Saturday until 17:00, because I will go close to where you come from, code postal 98000.
Send me a PN or mail to [email protected]

Best Mike

21 - 27 of 27 Posts