Audi R8 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Update from USA Audi Dealer- since the partsman used my VIN to order the black Audi badging for my specific vehicle the system didn't show the black R8 or V10 badges as options for my specific R8 based on the original build thus him telling me N/A when in fact they are available like Steve9 discovered just need to focus on model year for correct sizing.
They have the side v10 badges as well?

Can you please share the USA part numbers for all the bits and pieces?

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Please refer to my previous post for the full list. The part numbers for these should not be country specific. These badges were OEM fitment on the MY19+ performance so are body spare parts for current generation facelift. Hence you may have difficulty finding them by searching on you MY18- VIN number.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Please refer to my previous post for the full list. The part numbers for these should not be country specific. These badges were OEM fitment on the MY19+ performance so are body spare parts for current generation facelift. Hence you may have difficulty finding them by searching on you MY18- VIN number.
Thanks for the info Steve9

I need 2017 model year badges. I wonder if the my19+ badges are the same.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Thanks for the info Steve9

I need 2017 model year badges. I wonder if the my19+ badges are the same.
I believe they are although I don't recall holding the old and new badges side by side. Still, I think I would have noticed if the sizing was different as I installed them myself and I'm pretty sure I marked out the positions with masking tape - it's almost two years ago now. Couple of pics below.

The only badge that I didnt buy is the one on the front grill. For MY16 and MY17 this was a "quattro" badge, then changed to "Audi Sport" for the MY18 then to a black and red "R8" badge for the MY19.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I believe they are although I don't recall holding the old and new badges side by side. Still, I think I would have noticed if the sizing was different as I installed them myself and I'm pretty sure I marked out the positions with masking tape - it's almost two years ago now. Couple of pics below.

The only badge that I didnt buy is the one on the front grill. For MY16 and MY17 this was a "quattro" badge, then changed to "Audi Sport" for the MY18 then to a black and red "R8" badge for the MY19.

View attachment 258533 View attachment 258534
D*mn Steve9, that is a fantastic paint color. I am in awe...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Folks,

My second subjective question of the day :)

My wife likes Ibis white and thinks the Suzuka Grey looks "dirty white" from the photos she can see on the web.

Suzuka Grey comes out looking white most of the time on the web depending on the lighting and the monitor I use to display the photos ... or ... to my wife's point, the car looks "off white" :)

For those that have seen both in person, is my wife correct?

I have two 2017 base R8 options I am evaluating right now. Pretty much the same set of options except the Suzuka Grey has diamond stitching but not contrast stitching (which kind of mutes the impact of the diamond stitching, at least from what we can see on the photos). The general condition and mileage is about the same for both cars.

So, crunch time ... where do I put my cash?
I have a 2012 V10 6 speed manual with Glacier White metallic paint, which was a custom color Audi did for me. Not many cars were done in Glacier White metallic. But it might be worth looking around for this color as it has the metallic properties of Suzuka Grey, with the brightness of Ibis white.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for all of the responses. Trev450, that photo really helps.

My wife and I found an Audi dealership with cars that have some of the paint colors we are considering. We were able to see Florette Silver, Daytona Gray, Ibis White, and Suzuka Gray on a sunny day fairly close to each other (within eyesight).

My wife likes Ibis White better, but is now "ok" with the Suzuka Gray and leaves the choice up to me. Yay ! :cool:

If anyone else has an opinion, feel free to chime in. It does help .... This will be my first and probably only sports car (I'm 58) so I am really sweating and second guessing myself ...
I am having kinda of a similar dilemma.......I am waiting for the RWD's to show up at the dealerships to start shopping around. I am located in Denver, CO. I am dying to see the Florett Silver metallic with red calipers, which would be my first choice.......I would also consider the Kemora gray with red calipers....My wife would go with either color. In my opinion, such an expensive and beautiful machine should've deserved a better color spectrum to choose from.

·
Registered
2017 R8 Plus Coupe
223 Posts
Hi Folks,

My wife likes Ibis white and thinks the Suzuka Grey looks "dirty white" from the photos she can see on the web.

Suzuka Grey comes out looking white most of the time on the web depending on the lighting and the monitor I use to display the photos ... or ... to my wife's point, the car looks "off white" :)

I have two 2017 base R8 options I am evaluating right now. Pretty much the same set of options except the Suzuka Grey has diamond stitching but not contrast stitching (which kind of mutes the impact of the diamond stitching, at least from what we can see on the photos). The general condition and mileage is about the same for both cars.

Stretch your budget. Get a 2017 plus model. (also get some Depends for your wife the first time you do launch control).

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well, you guys convinced me 😉

I just signed a purchase contract for a 2017 R8 Suzuka Gray V10 with 13K miles on it. Diamond stitch leather package (silver thread), carbon interior and exterior packages, dynamic steering, 20" wheel package and red brake calipers.

It is going to take a couple of weeks to complete the purchase process (including PPI) and have the car shipped from Cleveland, Ohio to Dallas, TX. It is going to be a long two+ weeks. I have waited for 35 years to be able/ready to buy my first sports car, so I guess I will survive another couple of weeks 😉
Where was the car at....I’m near cleveland, just wondering

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Folks,

I was in the same position as you several years ago when I picked up my 2008 R8. I’m partial to white and ultimately waited until an Ibis White was found.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Status of the 2017 Suzuka Gray purchase:
PPI done
Oil change done
New front tires ordered (tread was marginal)
Final sales paperwork signed, handed them a check yesterday (Thurs, Feb 4th, 2021) :oops:

Next Step(s):
Install the new front tires (Monday)
Tuesday ... dealer will place the transport order on auction for competitive bidding (enclosed transport on upper rack)

Of course, next weeks forecast is for a polar vortex driven blast of artic air and lots of slow/sleet/ice 🥶between Ohio and Dallas. Just my luck... Not worried at all ...😬

·
Registered
2017 R8 Spyder
55 Posts
Maybe this is the time to get your dealer to have the Android Auto / Apple Carplay update done.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Maybe this is the time to get your dealer to have the Android Auto / Apple Carplay update done.
Well, the R8 is being sold by a Porsche dealer. So I did not think that they would agree to installing the airplay/android-auto update and source the missing hood badge. Perhaps I should tried anyway.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Put Suzuka next to any white car, and you wouldn’t refer to Suzuka as white. Shading is dramatically different. I like both colors just fine, but take Suzuka over white EVERY TIME! I have a Suzuka RS7 and just love the color and how it changes in different lighting. The R8 is Brilliant Red with carbon blades!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That does look nice!

41 - 60 of 86 Posts