Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I am going to collect my 2017 R8 V10 (non plus) this week which the dealer has said has a sports exhaust (as well as the performance steering wheel).
The latter is really easy to identify but how can I confirm the presence of the sports exhaust?

In Europe i think you were able to specify the performance steering wheel independently to the sports exhaust so obviously want to make sure (not that I do not trust dealers.......). I understand that even without the sports exhaust the exhaust button on the steering wheel still activates valves in the standard exhaust but keen to make sure I can take advantage of the noise making capability.

Thanks

Picture of the rear end

·
Registered
242 Posts
I’ve changed my car’s standard exhaust with the sport one. As far as I can tell, they look identical. I am afraid, the only way I can tell them apart is the part number. To check the number, you have to take the exhaust out :(
With the sport exhaust, the sound is a little different/more pronounced but if I hadn’t own both, I couldn’t tell the difference...

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
You are right about the independence of the 4-sat steering wheel and sports exhaust options in UK. No way to tell which exhaust from the outside, I even wondered if they are exactly the same part!

If you contact the original supplying dealer, they might be able to help you. Make it clear you're not asking for the customer invoice (data protection) just the build spec.

Audi OEM / R8 Parts - one of the vendors on here might have access to that info too. Also should be on the option sticker, though it is all coded. I'll take a look at my own sticker later and see if I can determine which code is for the sports exhaust option.

Edit : I think the code is OP8 or 0P8, I'll check later on my own sticker.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for getting involved both.
I have just found an old MY17 UK brochure online which says that the non plus standard exhaust has chrome plated tailpipes whereas the optional sports exhaust (OP8) on both the non plus and plus has black tailpipes. The car I am looking at has black tailpipes and will ask the dealer to send me a photo of the build sticker in the handbook.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Thanks for getting involved both.
I have just found an old MY17 UK brochure online which says that the non plus standard exhaust has chrome plated tailpipes whereas the optional sports exhaust (OP8) on both the non plus and plus has black tailpipes. The car I am looking at has black tailpipes and will ask the dealer to send me a photo of the build sticker in the handbook.
Yea that's the way to go. From MY17 there is also a black exterior style pack (4ZH) which includes blacked out exhaust exits (0P9) even with standard exhaust. It would be highly unlikely someone would order a 4 sat wheel with integrated exhaust button, black optics, but forego the sports exhaust but still worth checking.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Your dealer will be able to show you the factory spec' of the car and that will confirm the presence of the sports exhaust.
You can also register on my.audi.com and view the same information:

Enjoy the new car!

P.S. check the condition of the wiper blades, that the Sat Nav maps and MMI firmware are up to date and that the engine oil breather recall is completed.

Hello, I am going to collect my 2017 R8 V10 (non plus) this week which the dealer has said has a sports exhaust (as well as the performance steering wheel).
The latter is really easy to identify but how can I confirm the presence of the sports exhaust?

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Well I had a look at my sticker in conjunction with the VAG code list and u don't see anything on there that relates to the exhaust. A lot of my options are not specified on the sticker.

Good suggestion from Protegimus. You can still ask for a pic of the sticker as it has the chassis number on the top which you will need to register.

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
These are the part numbers I found.

0P0 = Rear exhaust tailpipe (standard)
0P8 = Exhaust system (exhaust sound)
0P9 = Rear exhaust tailpipe

silencer with catalyst1PR-0P0,0P9 4S0 251 051 AX - 3`662.09
(1)silencer with catalyst1PR-0P8 4S0 251 051 BX - 3`778.24
2clip2 420 251 143 - 51.34
3trim for exhaust tail pipe1PR-0P0 4S0 251 237 - 260.31
(3)trim for exhaust tail pipe1PR-0P8,0P9 4S0 251 237 A - 260.31
(3)trim for exhaust tail pipe1PR-0P0 4S0 251 238 - 260.31
(3)trim for exhaust tail pipe1PR-0P8,0P9 4S0 251 238 A - 260.31

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all, appreciate the input.

I did manage to get a spec sheet PDF from the dealer and 0P8 is there :)
As are gloss carbon wing mirror caps and gloss carbon side blades........finger in the air if what I have been given is accurate (why wouldn't it be) then approx £15k of options, some of them I wouldn't have spec'd but delighted to get them and the only option not there that I would have spec'd would be the B&O but tbh I am half deaf anyway so not sure I would tell the difference.
Should be a good week, have approx 600miles to do to get it home so should be settled into it by then.

Next step is a set of spare alloys and winter tyres.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts