Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a "what if" question: IF you were to trade in your R8, what would you want to get and why? I have a 2015 V10+ which I love but as I get older I'm not as flexible as I once was. Getting into/out of it requires me to do it "side saddle" which isn't the coolest way to be seen accessing or exiting this gorgeous car. Doubt I will trade it in any time soon but I did test the 2021 M5 Comp and that car is pretty awesome! The 2021 GT4 was also a fun and beautiful car but those bolstered seats were a slipped disc waiting to happen. Also, the gearing issue is real. IMHO, Would be a great track car but not a fun daily driver. What do you think?

·
Registered
64 Posts
2021 Lexus LC500? Gorgeous interior, naturally aspriated v8, stunning looks. Very comfortable car and perfect for a daily driver.

IMO BMW's at that price point are very rough rides and not as nice inside. I was looking at one too, and was not impressed with the interior (way too much plastic for a $100k car, things tend to break) and the ride was very harsh (which you'd expect for an M car so no surprise there). I think if you want a plush, comfortable ride but also have that naturally aspirated v8 sound in a reliable package, an LC would be something to look at.

·
Registered
800 Posts
recently sold an AMG GT-S
awesome DD
mild tune brought it to 629/600- Twin turbo V-8 is a beast
great sounds and interior
they depreciate like a rock so slightly used examples are a bargain

Reactions: Stick_Shift_Nick

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Gated Murcielago for me

Reactions: hoowin

·
Registered
652 Posts
Mclaren 720S. Been lusting after one for awhile. One day, it will be added to my stable. But, the R8 isn't going anywhere.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
^ Enjoy car car falling apart around you, worst fit and finish.

Reactions: ervikingo

·
Registered
652 Posts
I've been on their forums and do see some concerning comments sometimes, but is it that bad? I know the cost to repair some of their older cars like the MP4-12C seems kinda nuts. I haven't seen as many negatives on the 720 though. Did you have one or know someone that had one?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Huracan Performante Spyder...... Purple one but it'll never appear on the second hand market

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
A Porsche of some sort - either a 718 Spyder or GTS with the 4.0L engine or a 992 3.0L. The former would be more fun, the latter more comfortable.

Driving position is my biggest criticism of the R8 - it's [email protected] for tall drivers.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I've been on their forums and do see some concerning comments sometimes, but is it that bad? I know the cost to repair some of their older cars like the MP4-12C seems kinda nuts. I haven't seen as many negatives on the 720 though. Did you have one or know someone that had one?
honestly it’s probably worse than what you are aware of. I’m talking dashboards falling apart, a pillars coming off, trim pieces that are so loose they fall out on acceleration, things like that. I wasn’t even talking about mechanical aspects which are also expensive and not what you would call even remotely reliable.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
honestly it’s probably worse than what you are aware of. I’m talking dashboards falling apart, a pillars coming off, trim pieces that are so loose they fall out on acceleration, things like that. I wasn’t even talking about mechanical aspects which are also expensive and not what you would call even remotely reliable.
It is British afterall :D

·
Registered
447 Posts
my neighbor is driving his Mustang again after his 720 was taken on a flatbed again...... so far over 90 days at shop since he bought it (new). more than 50% of the time

·
Registered
27 Posts
Porsche Panamera turbo. Rocket ship that supremely comfortable. would cross country that or daily drive anytime

·
Registered
652 Posts
my neighbor is driving his Mustang again after his 720 was taken on a flatbed again...... so far over 90 days at shop since he bought it (new). more than 50% of the time
With the price of those **** things, you'd think there'd be a little more quality control, but I guess price is relative and whatever people are willing to spend. I'm willing to make the investment, but not give my liver too. I have a lot into the R8, but haven't had many issues. Very happy with my car. Thanks for the opinions.

Reactions: steve9

·
Registered
447 Posts
His Aventador S has not spent more than 3 days total in the shop (his words) since he got it in Jan 2020. And those have been for schedule service. It has 15K miles on the clock so it gets used

·
Registered
527 Posts
Yesterday, I passed by one broken on the side of the highway, towing truck by its side. And yet, I still want one. It is a beautiful car, and driving it is a bliss.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts