Audi R8 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2015 R8 Gated V10 Emerald Green/Nougat
136 Posts
Other cars Id enjoy owning are the carrera gt, benz sls, performante, first gen fgt. None are cars I’d seriously consider to purchase aside from the Porsche and potentially the sls under the right circumstances (there was a green one that would match the r8 if I could find it). Murci and Diablo are cars I’d love to own briefly, but both are hard sells and too unreliable for me to seriously consider.

My s212 e63s wagon is one of the best cars I’ve owned and really balances out the garage with the r8 and other more pedestrian cars. I’m not even a mb fan but this thing is the most bang for the buck you can get in terms of balanced performance/reliability/utility and it roasts nearly anything on the highway.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I doubt I’d trade in, but currently considering adding a 570s.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I see the RS7 and GTR popping up.

GTR is no where near the level of a Gen 2 R8. Over a Gen 1 yes I'd take the GT-R. It's a glorified Mitsubishi Evo with a "tad" amount of refinement. Personally I just don't own more than two cars at a time. Had a baby swapped out GTR for RS7. Don't miss the GTR really at all. The V6 engine note is not that great at all. The transmission is awful in the GTR.

GTR with FBO (full bolt ons) on pump 93 based on my VBOX is pretty much a neck and neck race from a roll. E85 it will walk away. Problem with GTR is it's exponentially expensive past basic bolt ons to make the car any faster. $7,000 will get you to low 10s at mid 130s but beyond that it's $50,000+.

RS7 is one of those "ultimate daily drivers." Sure you'll take a slight hit on the price at some point but pay to play. We love ours and for baby transportation duties (why we sold GTR) it's extremely spacious. E63 I like more but less rear room for a baby seat. Porsche Panamera just as good for rear space but cost of entry much higher and I think it's uglier.

RS7 with a tune will hang right there with the Gen 2 R8 V10 Plus. 10.5 @ 131 for R8, 10.8 @ 128.7 for the RS7. 0-60 only off by three tenths (2.5 R8 2.8 RS7). The video below is software alone otherwise stock. Plus, there's much more affordable modification pathways for the RS7 to make it easily faster than a naturally aspirated V10 R8 of any model/generation.

Friend got the hit and I followed along in Mexico in the RS7. Barely can pull away at best...

·
Registered
85 Posts
I see the RS7 and GTR popping up.

GTR is no where near the level of a Gen 2 R8. Over a Gen 1 yes I'd take the GT-R. It's a glorified Mitsubishi Evo with a "tad" amount of refinement. Personally I just don't own more than two cars at a time. Had a baby swapped out GTR for RS7. Don't miss the GTR really at all. The V6 engine note is not that great at all. The transmission is awful in the GTR.

GTR with FBO (full bolt ons) on pump 93 based on my VBOX is pretty much a neck and neck race from a roll. E85 it will walk away. Problem with GTR is it's exponentially expensive past basic bolt ons to make the car any faster. $7,000 will get you to low 10s at mid 130s but beyond that it's $50,000+.

RS7 is one of those "ultimate daily drivers." Sure you'll take a slight hit on the price at some point but pay to play. We love ours and for baby transportation duties (why we sold GTR) it's extremely spacious. E63 I like more but less rear room for a baby seat. Porsche Panamera just as good for rear space but cost of entry much higher and I think it's uglier.

RS7 with a tune will hang right there with the Gen 2 R8 V10 Plus. 10.5 @ 131 for R8, 10.8 @ 128.7 for the RS7. 0-60 only off by three tenths (2.5 R8 2.8 RS7). The video below is software alone otherwise stock. Plus, there's much more affordable modification pathways for the RS7 to make it easily faster than a naturally aspirated V10 R8 of any model/generation.

Friend got the hit and I followed along in Mexico in the RS7. Barely can pull away at best...
I was thinking if got a GTR would need around 750bhp stage 4.25-4.5 I think 🤔

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I was thinking if got a GTR would need around 750bhp stage 4.25-4.5 I think 🤔
There's not really any "stages" it's how much money and how much HP you want to make. The only real "stage" is the basic bolt-ons of "FBO" + or - E85 fueling. Beyond that it's various types of big turbos and their required supporting mods which get very cost prohibitive quick.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Think might big different over here in the uk as here most tuning places have stages as stage 1 might exhaust plus map, the stage 2 will b stage 1 plus intercooler and injectors etc etc

·
Registered
85 Posts
So they don’t mean anything but most GTR adverts I see have what stage theve had done also on the top tuning websites they actualy list the packages in stages but ok

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
So like u say maybe it’s different in the uk 👍
Yeah that's more of a "european" thing and it isn't standardized. A "stage" by one company can mean something entirely different by another. Easier to say look I have big turbos (insert size), downpipes, fuel, injectors of x size, etc.

Then you have a better idea of where you're at.

...and yes I know of LItchfield I had their suspension system on my GT-R. This one to be exact.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts