Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Very neat. Those brakes are so clean, I have to ask do you ever drive it?:)

Reactions: V10MANUAL

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Yeah, gen 1 options?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very neat. Those brakes are so clean, I have to ask do you ever drive it?:)
I put average miles on the car and drive it every week ~ 4k a year.
The real answer however is ceramic coating + ceramic brakes, they simply stay clean. First car for me with carbon ceramics, I did not realize how little brake dust they generate.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I put average miles on the car and drive it every week ~ 4k a year.
The real answer however is ceramic coating + ceramic brakes, they simply stay clean. First car for me with carbon ceramics, I did not realize how little brake dust they generate.
I wasn't aware of that having never owned a car with carbon ceramics, but all credit to you they look superb.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I wasn't aware of that having never owned a car with carbon ceramics, but all credit to you they look superb.
i didn’t know this either until I got the r8, my first car with carbon ceramic rotors. Based on the wear I am seeing the front pads will last something like 75k-100k of street driving. That gives you an idea of just how little material is being used and why the dust is so low.

I have black powdercoated wheels and I rarely wash them. Just wipe down the paint between washes.

·
Registered
Brilliant Red V10 Manual
218 Posts
When I have my cars ceramic coated, I also have the wheels, calipers and exhaust tips done. I would recommend carbon collective platinum wheels if you want to coat your alloys and calipers yourself. Easy to do.

Reactions: Trev450

·
Registered
278 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can't find the price. What was the cost?
Not the easiest site to navigate for sure.
Would add, and maybe just my imagination, but the brakes seem to be more grabby with these at low speeds. Granted they are much stiffer, I just cant for the life of me imagine that they could change the braking response. The only thing it could effect would be the caliper flex, but would be inconsequential IMO. Just throwing it out there, probably just my imagination.

Make sure to re-grease pin with lithium grease or an equivalent brake grease.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Put my order in today, they’ll compliment the titanium lug bolts nicely. Very good value for money, thanks for the heads up!
Any idea what grade titanium they are made from, e.g. 6AL4V?

How difficult we’re the axle bolts to swap out? The OEM bolts are notorious for corroding, although mine have been dressed (around the exposed heads) once already.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its on the rack which make it a bit easier when re-torquing the axle bolts.
Do not tighten the axle bolt with the car sitting on the ground it can damage the wheel bearings. Also to share my experience, the Ti bolts are noticeably stiffer, you have to use common sense when tightening I was not able to get the full +180° after torquing them down.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts