Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Important! -- CALLING ALL PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF BY AUDI DEALERS!

This is only for people who have been ripped off by Audi in regards to the R8!

If you have been ripped off by any Audi Dealer anywhere in your quest to own an R8, then please send your story to the following United States P.O. Box address:

P.O. Box 570843, Tarzana, CA, 91356

Thanks!

·
Registered
274 Posts
ripped off in what terms??

like putting down a deposit for a car at list and waiting for a year and a half to be told that its time to order the car, but we dont know the price? !!
(and that the price is somewhere in the $50k to $75k over list)?

as in this thread?

http://www.r8talk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1722

i even wrote to audi of america and they ignored my email...

so, if this is what you are talking about, i am in !!

·
Registered
78 Posts
This is only for people who have been ripped off by Audi in regards to the R8!

If you have been ripped off by any Audi Dealer anywhere in your quest to own an R8, then please send your story to the following United States P.O. Box address:

P.O. Box 570843, Tarzana, CA, 91356

Thanks!
I for one got a great car worth every penny. Audi let me put down a reasonable deposit and I waited and received everything promised, including the best car I've every driven. If you don't feel the same, I'm sorry but go buy another car and move on with life. It's only a car......

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes wanabe......Just write a short summary of your experience and send it in because it seems some Audi Dealers around the world and especially in California are screwing ppl over the car left and right.

@Kadwar: I am very happy that your Audi Dealer came through the way it did but some people are not as lucky as you are. This doesn't mean that they should give up the time, effort, and money they put into trying to own the beautiful R8, does it? Also the other people who are determined to get an R8 will not look away and buy a Lambo or Ferrari or any other car. Plus I think Audi should know of these specific dealers around the globe because lets face it, I don't think Audi wants any bad publicity right now!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Audi should definitely be sensitive to these matters. I have read some interesting articles on the relationship that Audi USA has with its franchise dealers and it has been rocky to say the least over the past few years. Audi USA does not, for example, have the right to dictate pricing to dealers which is why they are able to sell R8s over MSRP. This seems ridiculous to me as it certainly is contrary to Audi's customer relation and marketing goals.

Audi is not alone however. Nissan is also having the same problem with the GTR. I contacted 2 local Nissan dealers to place an order and one wanted $40K over MSRP and the other wanted $50K over MSRP. This must be killing Nissan which touts the GTR's performance value above all else. The truth, at least for now, is that the GTR costs more than the R8 and the 997TT.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
I think Audi and Nissan love all of the talk. It is just more public hype that causes more chatter about the car's super status and quality. No one is dissing the cars (except the GT-R looks :D). People are just bitching about the problems in getting one.

Just as in Hollywood for either a movie or a star,.. there is no such thing as 'bad' publicity. ( with the possible exception to Mel Gibson). Audi is doing nothing but smiling about the R8. And it gives them a way to throw a little extra sugar to their dealers, without much real trouble. You can complain, but Audi is smiling each time you make a sound.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Actually Audi USA feels very differently about this matter and has stated so publicly in a number of articles. The real issue is control over their dealers. I for example am receiving my R8 at MSRP but the dealer has already stated that all V10s will be sold to the highest bidder. I will switch dealers on principle alone.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually Audi USA feels very differently about this matter and has stated so publicly in a number of articles. The real issue is control over their dealers. I for example am receiving my R8 at MSRP but the dealer has already stated that all V10s will be sold to the highest bidder. I will switch dealers on principle alone.
See wolfie here in Cali most Audi dealers are taking $5,000 and above for adding your name just to the list for the V10. Now here is something funny, they don't know when to expect the R8 V10 or do they even know that it will ever come about but guess what, they have used that by tricking people into believing that unless you put $5 or $10 grand as a deposite you will not be able to get one in the future. That to me is B.S.!

Now want to hear something even more facinating? Audi dealers in the Los Angeles area can not even put you in an R8 unless you put down the deposite and wait to be called for the order 2 years from now and some dealers can't even do that. Southern California, being one of the big markets for selling cars and this is what Audi is doing? I don't think so! Audi dealers here are just trying to make their money back because they have to spend a little in order to sell you the R8!

This is a big dent in the back for people who have the money for the R8 and don't want to spend more than it is worth. So I urge anyone who had a bad experience to write a little 2 to 3 paragraph letter and send it into the P.O. Box that I provided at the start of this topic.

I would like people who want to resolve this matter. If you have any further questions you can post them here or PM me.

Thank You!

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Audi will be happy to pay one smooth talking employ to politely "listen", and give all of the 'correct' answers to these complaints,... all the while the executives and the dealers are laughing in their offices at the few "penny-pinching," trouble makers, who just missed their chance at owning a R8 over some principle. Meanwhile the R8 they just gave up on, is being sold happily to someone else who is freer with their money, and will probably brag more loudly about the wonderful car to an even larger audience.

I mean no disrespect to those who were deceived by their Audi dealers. And I can understand the anger. But the R8 is a very special case, ( the same problem is happening everywhere with the Nissan GT-R). It is unfortunate, but this is the world we live in today.

·
Registered
274 Posts
r8-skycap-

do we address this to audi of america at that address?
(you gave an address, but i dont know whose that is)
thx

·
Registered
7 Posts
The issue is not with AUDI, but with greedy dealers. These complaints should also be cc'd to the Dealer Principals of these dealerships. That would really get their blood boiling

·
Registered
274 Posts
o.k., so the dealers arent audi?
mine says he is!

agree with you that the greedy dealers know that we are talking about them. i have been deep in this long enough to know that most of the dealers are not the problem. but its the few that cause the problem that give audi the bad name. negative goodwill of the few trashy dealers is easily outweighed by those who are trying to do the right thing.

The issue is not with AUDI, but with greedy dealers. These complaints should also be cc'd to the Dealer Principals of these dealerships. That would really get their blood boiling

·
Registered
7 Posts
o.k., so the dealers arent audi?
mine says he is!

agree with you that the greedy dealers know that we are talking about them. i have been deep in this long enough to know that most of the dealers are not the problem. but its the few that cause the problem that give audi the bad name. negative goodwill of the few trashy dealers is easily outweighed by those who are trying to do the right thing.
You are correct. What I am saying is that when you are writing your letter to Audi USA, also CC the dealer principal of that particular dealership in the letter. This way, the DP has the heat on them and they have to respond in a customer service kind of way

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You are correct. What I am saying is that when you are writing your letter to Audi USA, also CC the dealer principal of that particular dealership in the letter. This way, the DP has the heat on them and they have to respond in a customer service kind of way
Good Idea rezf!

I will ask my lawyer about that and see what he says....

Thanks!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have not had an opportunity to fully research the issue of dealer mark-ups but have discussed it with the regional Audi USA represenative with whom I am friendly. It appears that Audi USA's franchise agreements with its dealers does not allow them to prohibit dealers from marking cars up from MSRP. Audi is trying to discourage them from doing so by sending them less cars and taking other steps. Contrary to some other posts, Audi does NOT enjoy the press that this creates and, no, not all press is good press. Audi knows this first hand; remember the myth of the automatic transmissions that ran people over?

There are potentially some legal problems in regualting dealer pricing, inculude anti-trust legislation; however you would still expect Audi to figure out how to have its dealers, which are Audi's public face, to fall in line with corporate marketing strategy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have not had an opportunity to fully research the issue of dealer mark-ups but have discussed it with the regional Audi USA represenative with whom I am friendly. It appears that Audi USA's franchise agreements with its dealers does not allow them to prohibit dealers from marking cars up from MSRP. Audi is trying to discourage them from doing so by sending them less cars and taking other steps. Contrary to some other posts, Audi does NOT enjoy the press that this creates and, no, not all press is good press. Audi knows this first hand; remember the myth of the automatic transmissions that ran people over?

There are potentially some legal problems in regualting dealer pricing, inculude anti-trust legislation; however you would still expect Audi to figure out how to have its dealers, which are Audi's public face, to fall in line with corporate marketing strategy.
While I don't question your comment that Audi America cares about maintaining a positive exposure to the consumer, I would have liked Audi USA to take a proactive measure to prevent what has been happening, as opposed to a Reactive measure they are faced with making now because of some disgruntled customers. It would have sent a strong message, if Audi had sent its dealers a memorandum before the release of the R8, stating in essence what you have described above, i.e possible threats of reducing allocations in the future if a franchise ignored Audi's requests of maintaining MSRP pricing for the R8

1 - 18 of 18 Posts