Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Audi Club Golden Gate Chapter is sponsoring AudiFest09, their largest event of the year this October 2-4, 2009 at Infineon Raceway (Sears Point) in Sonoma, California. There are already three R8's signed up. If you are interested in attending, you should sign up and make your hotel reservations now to insure a place.

Club website www.audiclubgoldengate.org
Detailed information and link to Registration

If you think you might be interested but are unsure about track events, I highly recommend that you read the excellent article about the type of safe track driving practiced at Audi Club events. It is located on page 35 of the Golden Gate club's excellent new ezine "verspatet Apex"

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Wouldn't it be great to have a whole passel of R8's there? I'd like to encourage more of you on the west coast to attend.

We are planning on doing the optional drive to the Point Reyes National Seashore on Friday, as well as the Driving and Safety Seminar (track days with instruction included) at Sears Point on Saturday and Sunday.

As a special bonus, the Audi Sportscar Experience instructors will be offering hot laps in the new R8 V10 to about 60 lucky drivers who are also participating in the track event(!!)

There are now four R8's attending.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'll be there. Will sign up this week. This will be my 4th Audifest @ Infineon.
Just installed the H&R springs. Can't wait to get it on the track!

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
www.AudiClubGoldenGate.org said:
... Audi Sportscar Experience [ASE] ... will be giving hot lap rides to attendees on Sunday. Limited amount of spaces so we are working on how best to determine who gets on track in a new R8V10.
Here's the latest info from Audi Club Golden Gate on the R8V10 hot laps at Audifest09:
OK...here is what we are doing for the R8V10 5.2 rides on Sunday. At check-in on Friday night you will have the opportunity to enter the lottery for the rides. Each participant in Audifest can buy one (1) ticket for $10. A drawing will be held Saturday to let you know if you were selected for one of the 80+ slots. If you did not get selected you will have a chance to get a ride on a standby basis. ASE think we may get as many as 90-100 rides but should be able to guarantee 80. (They should make a 4 passenger R8!)

Those selected will have a specific time slot for their ride on Sunday.
If you have considered attending Audifest09 but haven't signed up yet, this is a great reason to bring your R8 (or other sports car) out to Infineon Raceway at Sears Point on October 2-4. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions; or just sign up at http://www.audiclubgoldengate.org/Lists/Calendar/DispForm.aspx?ID=34. I'm looking forward to seeing a big group of you there!

If you are going, please "copy and paste" this list into a new message and add your user name to the end of the list:
  • desperado
  • 08R8

1 - 4 of 4 Posts