Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran over something (thank you streets of LA) and got insurance to approve replacing my front 2 shocks, control arms. I noticed the cross member (part #420805021A) on the estimate too. According to shop, the mount points are "pushed up and twisted". Does this sound/look right? Will this ultimately hurt value of car? Insurance already approved the replacement of it - so might as well?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 R8 Spyder V10
43 Posts
If its broke, fix it.

Any claim on insurance will go onto the cars record affecting the value. Depending on the repair cost will determine how it is reported as minor, moderate, or severe.

I've seen "front right minor damage, hit mailbox" on a Carfax before.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
unfortunately it will go on your carfax as the previous comment indicated so it will affect resale down the road but i would also consider it lucky insurance was willing to cover that. i wouldnt have expected that result given it wasnt an accident

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
unfortunately it will go on your carfax as the previous comment indicated so it will affect resale down the road but i would also consider it lucky insurance was willing to cover that. i wouldnt have expected that result given it wasnt an accident
Wasn't much of an "accident" really. Ran over something on the road so nothing really wrong structurally.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts