Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently purchased a set of 2017 Audi V10 Plus wheels from a local owner and mounted them on my 2011 V10 Spyder. I really like the look. I want to thank some of our R8 Talk members for the guidance they supplied. During this process, I read a considerable amount about what was needed to do this swap. Here is what I did:

1. 2017 20" Wheels
2. 66.6 to 57.1 Spigot Rings for the REAR ONLY. I purchased these here: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-apr-parts/hub-centric-ring-priced-each/z1003148~apr/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwy97qBRDoARIsAITONTLY7qvx6YB7AWunkrhOcK92q-TTJ-ueVN-S31xSsoKk3ajP899MRm8aAoexEALw_wcB
3. Purchased TPMS sensors and valves from Amazon. Pre-programmed for the R8. I purchased these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W216MPW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
5. I purchased Toyo Proxy TR1 Tires from Tire Rack: FRONT: 245/30/ZR20 REAR: 305/25/ZR20 (These are nearly identical in size to the factory 19" tires)

I pre-installed the Spigot Rings and the TPMS Senors before delivering the wheels and tires to my local Audi dealer for install.

The car rides as well, if not better, than it did with the 19" wheels and tires. No rubbing, bottoming out, nothing. Really nice comfortable ride. I really like the look and the TPMS worked right out of the box. I am very pleased with the results and hope this post can assist anyone who is looking to do the same. Once again, I want to say thank you to our members, especially "rottboy", "KfabR8" and "r1".

r8-wheels.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
From what I read, they are actually lighter and I plan on doing this to my V8 coupe but I did not weigh them so cannot confirm. Do you have to press the Spigot Ring in or does it just install by hand? Car looks great!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The spigot rings dont need to be pressed in but did require a little gentle persuasion to get all the way seated.

·
Registered
608 Posts
That’s a very good look, and the red calipers really give needed contrast while adding visual depth. Nicely done.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
👍 thank you. What shocked me most is how much better the ride feels. I guess new tires help but the car drives better than ever.

·
Registered
23 Posts
wow, that's sharp. White with black wheels really pops. Was setting up the TPMS pretty easy? That's a pretty good price for vehicle specific sensors.

·
Registered
42 Posts
............................What shocked me most is how much better the ride feels................................
Had the same conclusion after my first drive when I made the switch from 19" to 20". Using Yokohama's and you have Toyo's. My 19's were Pirelli P Zero's. What brand are yours?
Also had to have TPMS retrofitted. Was able to get the OEM sensors with chrome valves for $300 (installed). Local dealers were charging a minimum of $600 (w/ parts and labor).
Black rims look sweet!!!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My 19s had Pilot Supersports. They were good but I have to say that these Toyos on the 20s are just smoother and feel all around better. The TPMS were a simple install and worked perfect.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts